How stupid can you get

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

rather, how stupid can I get?

How is this for brainfog.

I bought a few books from amazon with the play for the bookclub -

I'm looking at them last night wondering which one to start on and thought - 'I've seen this before' -

- it's double was lying on my table. I'd bought the same book twice. Hadn't even read it.

DUH and double DUH!!!

[This Message was Edited on 04/16/2008]
  2. Doober

Doober New Member

It is because of things like this, that I do from time to time myself, that I tell people:

"I don't have to play dumb, it just comes naturally to me."
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Last year I was talking to someone and she recommended a book. I told her I remember reading it years ago and can't find so I would go out and buy another copy. I did and few days later going through my bookcase guess what I found. DUH!! It is so nice to know that I am not alone in doing dumb
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

don't it! Last year I bought four CDs. Turned out to be dupes of ones I had at home.

Couple days ago I got up from the computer and went to get a coke. Couldn't find one. Not in the frige, on the counter, etc. Went back to the computer. There it was.

One such incident is amusing. Several a day is depressing. If this keeps up I'll be qualified to run for office.

5. rockgor

I posted the above twice, and had to come back and delete one.

6. Springfling

Springfling New Member

Wow, I can really relate! It's become a joke around my house when I do stupid things. I'll ask my husband things that I have just got done asking, or tell my daughter a story that I've already told her.

I bought toilet paper one day after work because we were almost out. The next day after work, stopped and bought some again because I remembered we were almost out. Guess we're stocked for awhile. LOL.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If that makes you stupid then I must be a dumb a@@....

I buy multiples of magazines all the time, well they do have pretty pictures on the covers....just did it again a few days ago, lol!!

And Rock, I need my daughter with me when buying cd's and dvd's because I need her to remind me of what I already own, I can never remember.

8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That is just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone do, and I've never in my life done anything like it.

That is just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone do, and I've never in my life done anything like it.

9. tansy

tansy New Member

here too. I would hate to have to add up all the times I've bought something twice. The upside is if I cannot remember where I put one copy there's a duplicate somewhere.

tc, Tansy
  10. poets

poets Member

From movies to books to CDs to groceries I've bought em'all more than once. That's why I dyed my hair from golden brown to strawberry blonde. Figured I might as well have everything match. ;o)

Oh, by the way, most of my life I was a natural blonde. Until I reached my mid thirties. No offense meant here to other blondes. Just making fun of ME!

11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Your answer was hilarious!!!

12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I have many brain fog moments, brain dead sometimes but this is the first time I've done something like this.

Glad to see I am not alone.

Laughing out loud at Ken's reply.

13. rockgor

Your post seems to have triggered a lot of sympathetic response, Rosie.

Of course, we are not really stupid. We just do stupid things.

Very witty, Ken.