How to Be Broke & Medicated

Discussion in 'Financial, Disability and Legal Resources' started by Lily Silver, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Lily Silver

Lily Silver Member

If you are having difficulty viewing the links below, please look here instead:
    https://howtogeton.wordpress.com/2017/01/18/how-to-be-broke-medicated/

It seems possible that I may be the only person who will ever post her in the financial, disability and legal resources day to day living cfs/me topic.

Perhaps I will return from time to time and chat with myself.

In the meantime, here's what to do if you can't afford your meds:
    Local Programs

• Try asking your doctor if they can prescribe a cheaper medication, or one that is covered by your health insurance.
    • You can also try contactingfree clinics and free healthcare programsin your area and inquire about prescription assistance.
    National Programs
    Doctors Visits
    Patient Assistance Programs
    • Excellent ideas from Ken Casanova from Mass CFIDS/ME & FM:
    • Patient assistance programs are programs established by drug companies that provide free or low-cost drugs to individuals who are unable to pay for them.
    • There are two websites that provide comprehensive information on which medications are manufactured by each company, as well as how to obtain applications for each company’s program:pparxandrxassist
    • Learn more abouthow these programs work and how to use them.
    Insurance & Co-Pays
    Supplements
    Buying Drugs from Other Countries
    Free Prescription Discount Cards
    • Excellent ideas from Pheonix Rising: This list also includes cards that offerfree or discounted prescription medications.
    • Tip: Free prescription cards are often designed for people who are low income. These cards are free! This is different than paid membership cards.
    Be Less Broke
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017