How to boost immune system before surgery....any advice ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Jul 19, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

I'm really worried about how my body is going to handle major surgery...a total hysterectomy.

Especially since I've been feeling REALLY bad with all the added stress, doctors appts., etc. I am totally exhausted, but I slept all afternoon yesterday, then 10 hrs last night!! And then the FM pain and back pain...yadda yadda

I take a multi vitamin. magnesium, and fish oil. I used to do ACES therapy and I wonder if I should do it again until surgery. ACES = Vitamins A, C E, and selenium. (A doc put me on it years ago for chronic Bronchitus)

What can I do to boost my immune system?? Any pre-Op advice greatly appreciated!!!

hugs,
    achy
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry about having to do surgery. I don't have any use-ful

advise about immune support techniques but might suggest

that you donate your own blood prior to surgery for it's

use at that time. Not convinced that my illness isn't

related to a tainted blood transfusion from my own oper-

ation several years ago. Just a thought. Hope all goes

well for you!!
    MRDAD
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

This has nothing to do with supplements or anything, but after my mother went in for a stem cell transplant for her breast cancer, they told her to stay away from restaurants and take-out foods. Im sure there was alot more, but Im not thinking to clearly today :(

Stephanie
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I think you're doing great, now just don't stress yourself. Be sure to note all your supplements on your pre-admission data!

In my experience we breeze through things like surgeries. Maybe because we can do it lying down? lol

Marta
  5. achy

achy New Member

I eat a pretty good diet as it is...lots of raw fruits and veggies...we grow them ourselves.

I just feel so weak and sick. I want to be strong and healthy to et thru this.

Dr. is once again concerned about cancer. Enough to have a oncologist on stand-by for my surgery.

Thanks...I need all the support I can get!!
    achy