How to change your computers Font size for easier reading

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Mar 13, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

This is how you change the font size for your computer.

Click the start button, then go to setting and click on control panel.

When the window for control panel opens find the icon labled display.

Click the display icon, then on the top click on the tab labled appearance.

At the bottom of the window you will see font listed change this from normal to Large fonts.

Click apply, and the font size should be larger, if it is still not large enough repeat above except chosse extra large.

The above changes the font size system wide.

If you just want to change it for internet explorer use the following

To display Web page text in a different font

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    On the General tab, click Fonts.
    In the Web page font and Plain text font lists, click the fonts you want.

To display Web page text larger or smaller

On the View menu, point to Text Size, and then click the size you want.

Hope this helps the people that have a hard time reading because of the small font size used by most web sites.

Jake
    X-systems Administrator

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2006]
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

'cept I want to change the fonts themselves. I have gotten as far as start, contol panel, fonts ... can actually select my font style but I don't see the usual "o.k." or save, etc.

When I go back, same ole font. Was going to hit the help button but haven't had my coffee yet ..... Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Elsa
  3. thanks so much jake,for your help with computer font size.

love
    fran
  4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I don't think that you can change the font style only the size.

I haven't found any place where you can change the font style at.

The folder that says fonts in the control panel just shows all of the installed fonts that are installed on the system.

Jake

Elsa just found this to change the font in the web browser.

To display Web page text in a different font

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    On the General tab, click Fonts.
    In the Web page font and Plain text font lists, click the fonts you want.

To display Web page text larger or smaller

On the View menu, point to Text Size, and then click the size you want.

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2006]
  5. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Bumping for others to see.
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm pretty sure you can change your font settings by....

Go to puter's front page, ie wallpaper...

Right click, then click on properties...

Click on Appearance...then click on Advanced....

Then you choose which font you want from the list, you can also individually choose the size too.

You can also change colors to make it pretty, can change the icon sizes so you can see them better too.

I like "Tahoma" cause it's pretty clear to see, my daughter likes the curly cues...go figure.

Also click "Apply" when you make changes...

Hope it helps and hope I've remembered everything.

Nancy B.
  7. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Never new that little trick. I know about right clicking on the desktop to get to the display window.

The reason for the way I stated to go through the control panel is for people that are not computer literate.

Jake
  8. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

thanks. so much i dont know about the computer, but its really hard when your trying to read some itsy bitsy print. thanks!

deb
  9. elsa

elsa New Member

I have done all kinds of interesting things with font style, color, background, ignore this and ignore that! Uh, thank goodness for system restore! .... Just in case I go way off the deep end you understand ...

You should see the difference in my ProHealth message board. All the lines seperating our posts, the top of the page, columns, etc are gone .... At the moment it's much easier on the eyes. I picked soothing colors ... at least soothing for today,lol. Who knows with fibro eyes what will be soothing tomorrow?!?

My font style is Palatino Linotype .... I always select this one but in bold script. I didn't get that selective a choice on the "general" page ... might find other ways though ....

Having big fun with this ... sigh ... My husband would say I'm "easy" ... as in easily entertained .... Can't help that, life is way too short and we have an abundance of things we cannot help but be painfully serious about .... it's good for my mental health .... just plain good for me ... to let the way simple stuff entertain me for a while!

Thank you (all) for the break .... and directions. I'm sorry I took so long in getting back to you .... Sometimes I think I would do better if there were three of me .... Which explains perfectly the need to be entertained by the "simple" .... , lol.

Hope all are doing well today ....

Take care,

Elsa

It is too cool getting rid of ... oh, excuse me ... "ignoring website background" .... I didn't realize how MUCH was going on until I had it cleared. Thanks again.

E.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2006]
  10. elsa

elsa New Member

That's what I did initially but couldn't make the changes apply .... I'll probably go back through it later just to figure out what I didn't do correctly.

What I should be doing is writing up my impressions, timeline and "order of go" for the rollout of a new program at work.

May not have to be there physically .. as I was there physically 50+ hours last week ... but I still should be doing SOME kind of business .... Hummm, write program ... burn program ... print and bind copy of program ... ppfftt-ack! .... Where is "Bill the Cat" when you need him?

OkeyDokey .... Now that I have worried all that I might have "gone 'round the bend", I'll just be saying "thank you" and get back to work .....

E.