How to cope with life

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by koko40, Aug 2, 2011.

1. koko40

koko40 New Member

I am just recently diagnosed with FM and CFS. I am 40 years old and I am having trouble coping with everything. Good days are GREAT. But the bad days make me wonder if I can keep up with life. I currently work 4 days a week. I already went down from 5 days a week. How do you work with FM and CFS? Does anyone have any advice?
  2. koko40

koko40 New Member

Thanks for your words of encouragement. It's a frustrating illness! The last few days have been painful, but I know it'll get better. Have a GREAT week!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

How does one cope w/ life? One does the best one can. Nobody can do more than
    that.

If you look in the upper r. hand corner, you can find a menu for all the boards at
    this one site. Also the board rules. You can read the posts on the Chronic Fatigue/
    Fibro board. If you want to learn more about a topic, you can visit the Research site
    at the top of the page.

I think most people here take both meds and supplements. The only way to find
    out what works for you is to read and experiment. You may find your energy
    fading and that you have to cut down your work schedule. You may find people
    (including friends and family) are not sympathetic to your condition because they
    do not understand it.

The board has been a therapeutic place for me. The chit chat board provides my
    only social life. A good place to talk about kids or pets or movies or whatever.

Good luck
    Rock