How to explain ????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gtpgirl, Jun 19, 2003.

1. gtpgirl

gtpgirl New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to explain to my loved ones {especially my mom} how I really feel? I've had to cut down to about 10 to 12 hours of work a week. A lot of days I'm in and out of bed most the day. More in than out. I hurt in my neck, shoulders,arms, lower back hips, and legs, extreme fatigue, and stomach problems. After being in physical therepy for a few months, my doc. finally agreed with my therapist that I had fibro. My symptoms had been getting worse for the last 4 years. Getting back to my question, it's so hard to explain to other people how bad I feel. They always say Oh yeah, I ache a lot too. My moms cleaning girl told her she had fibro and she ached but she just goes a long with it. {Mom is eldery and handicapped and I try to go over to her house every day to help her with things.} It just seems so hard to explain to her how bad I feel. Sorry I'm rambling. I'm just having a bad day.
    Any suggestions? Julie

PS My husband tries hard to understand and works extra hours to make up for me, so I'm very fortunut that way.
  2. gtpgirl

gtpgirl New Member

3. jann1033

jann1033 New Member

I have cfs(15 yrs) and still have not been able to get an accurate picture across to my friends and family ( my mother recently asked me wasn't I better yet..HELLO !) but there was recently an excellent article on CFS by Jill Maclaughlin ( which of course the exact title escapes me now but something like explaining CFS). it was on immunesupport.com so you could probably find it in the library there. my husband read it and said for the first time actually UNDERSTOOD what is is and how it affects people. I am giving it to people to read when they say something like "with CFs you should just pull yourself up and "Do It"". it's non confrontational and shows the seriousness of the illness. maybe it would help you too

I just looked it up the title is UNDERSTANDING CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROMe by Jill Maclaughlin and date of 6/6/2003 the link I used was go1.warp9ems.com/go.pl?tu=28800955-13978[This Message was Edited on 06/19/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/19/2003]
  4. gtpgirl

gtpgirl New Member

Thank you both for your answers. I was so fustrated when I got off the phone with my mom, I just had to come right to this board and vent. Julie
  5. gtpgirl

gtpgirl New Member

Thanks ladyblu, I printed that out imediately!