How to find a research study for FM or CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CAlabrat, Aug 6, 2009.

  1. CAlabrat

    CAlabrat New Member

    I just found the easiest way to find a FM or CFS study. Go to this government website:

    Type in the condition, the word AND in caps, and your city (or state if you're willing to travel). For example, I would type in 'fibromyalgia AND san diego'. It pops up with all the results. Then it gives you a button to hit that says "hide studies that are not currently recruiting". Hit the button.

    Now you have a full list of all the currently enrolling clinical studies in your area! (Only one in San Diego right now, but better than nothing.) You can click on each one and try to sort through the medical jargon to see if it might be for you. It gives email or phone contact numbers.

    I know studies are not for everyone but I thought this might be helpful. If anyone knows of a better site, please mention it. Good luck, all!

[ advertisement ]