How to get a refreshing night's sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ktp812, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ktp812

ktp812 New Member

One of my worse problems is of course the unrefreshing sleep I have most nights. I wake up sooo tired and can't get going.
    I have tried so many things and they all help me sleep but I never wake up feeling as though I have slept.
    I currently take lunesta and melantonin. It works great but....
    I am also on synthroid and cortef for my sick adrenals. I would think the cortef should help in that area.
    Any ideas? What helps you all feel good in the morning.

2. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I was going to tell you how elavil plus ibuprofen at night helps me, but then from laying in one spot I wake up in pain.

I usually wake up after 4 hours and go back to sleep for another 4. Sometimes I wake up a few times from pain.

But the Elavil works for me........25 mg. taken 3 hours before bed so as not to wake up drowsy.
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Kim,

After spending yrs. not getting a decent nights sleep, my doc finally talked me into trying elavil. I've always resisited taking an antideppresant. He explained to me that it would help the constant over stimulated brain.

I have to admit that my emotions were all over the map. Since taking Elavil, just 10 mg, at bedtime, I've been sleeping better and have a more even temperment.

Take care,