How to get through the day?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Narayani, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Narayani

Narayani New Member

I am new to this "posting" thing, and I am kind of excited to have some support. My family is as supportive as they can be, but I think they are "tired" too. I have recently changed jobs and now work 36 hours/week. My previous job was less hours, however it was in the evening and I was not getting enough sleep, anyway to make a long story short we explored the option of me not working, however we could not afford it. I like my job, however it is taking all of the energy I have. I have never been good at pacing myself, which I think is one of the reasons FM/CFS has graced my presence. I have always been the caretaker and now I have a really hard time watching my husband and friends do things for me. Since starting this new job I also over did it for three weekends in a row because "things had to be done." I have spent numerous days in pain and with severe fatigue, but because I had to I just kept going. I feel so drained and empty, like there is nothing left for my husband, my 4-year-old daughter, or for things I enjoy and "need"(like my walks, yoga, swims). I just don't know how to balance taking care of myself, the house, the garden, my home business, my kennel, time with my friends, etc. I am so fatigued I feel like I need sticks to keep my eyes open. I am achy, nauseated, depressed, and grumpy. Sometimes I am even mean to my husband because I am just "empty". Two days ago I felt like I hit rock bottom, and I truly prayed to my spirits for help. As feel like I am being directed in positive ways, this being one of them. I feel hopeful, but so, so tired. Please send your thoughts. Thank you all for being open and sharing!!!!!

Faith
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I cut way back on work, had to or else I was going to be sucked dry! Are you taking supplements? I suggest that everyone try energy enfusion. It is a powder with 39 vit, mins and amino acids. I also take my b's. Energy enfusion has help a bunch with my energy. We are all in this together..I read the posts and I know and can feel the energy drain you are talking about. There are no easy answers we need to manage our lives and no our limits. good luck.
    Judy