how to get your doctor to check for CFS ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hairrazor, Jan 2, 2006.

1. hairrazor

hairrazor New Member

I have been sick since may I was diagnosed with shingles, since then I have about 3 or 4 good days til I get run down then I am in the bed with muscle aches and pains or whatever bug is around. Something is wrong with me but they just keep saying virus or bug. If I clean with certain products I become very sick instently. I am about to lose my job from missing so much work, I am so tired I keep trying to go cause I am a single parent and I have to work, but the truth is I am so tired no matter how much rest I get. Can anyone help?
  2. mahx

mahx New Member

.........there are also alot of good pple with tons of info in the chat room. Not to mention it is a great deal of support and understanding. I was so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired...started doing own research...led me to this site. The more you know the more you can tell your doctor. Nice to meet you.Take care...and try the chat room.

Ma
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2006]
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

Like one of the other posts, mine was diagnosed by a Rheumatologist, but I've gone on for years with weird feelings, symptoms, fatigue.

I remember when I first think I got it, I was in my late twenties. I was soooooo sick. I struggled to work with constant headaches, severe congestion, pain, dizziness, nausea. It was horrible. At that time, I couldn't stand any odors. I would get extremely ill from perfumes and household smells. I still do at times, but it's a lot better now. Perfume can still make me very sick, as well as paint fumes.

Mine got better from that, but I still developed irritable bowel, irritable bladder, terrible body pain, etc.

Hope you can get some assistance in finding out what is going on. Hang in there.

Kendra
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2006]
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Welcome to the board.. Are you a hair stylist?? Just wondering from the name.

Your doctor can't really check for CFS.. They check you for everything else that can cause your symptoms and if they rule out everything else then you are diagnosed

Unfortunatly there is no one blood test they can give you for CFS.. It's one of those mysterious syndromes that has no lab test which makes it's legitamicy very tough for those of us who suffer with it.

You may want to keep a log of your symptoms and how you are feeling each day. Also as you are just starting out this journey, keep a copy of all your medical records.. I wish I had. Every blood test they do etc. ask for copies and start a file.. There are many different things that can cause fatigue. Hopefully the doctors right and it is something that can be treated.

Try not to get discouraged, this can be a long road.

Please educate your self as much as you can. It will help in your journey..

Hugs!
    dona
  5. hairrazor

hairrazor New Member

Yes I am a hairstylist, when I can work like everyone else. I have been enjoying reading the posts. At least I realize I am not alone. Thanks for the information, I will start keeping a file that sounds like a good start. Happy New Years!!
    Good health to you!
    hairrazor
  6. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

If I were you I would go to another doctor, I I think we know our bodies more than anybody. Dr's don't know everything. I had been going to the same clinc for 17 years when I came down with fibro, they treated me like I was just after pain pills! After 17 years of going their and I ended up going to 3 more dr's before being diagnosed!