how to heal bones

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, Jun 24, 2006.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

On April 26 I fell backward, off the front porch and broke my right shoulder in 5 places. I have had surgery and stopped wearing the sling on June 26. I go to therpy 3 times a week but it is still very painful. What can I do to make it heal faster and stop hurting?
    ggks

2. findmind

findmind New Member

This sounds so so terrible...I didn't know a shoulder joint could be broken in 5 places!!!!

A lot of us here get "frozen" shoulder joints, and the pain is very bad and it takes so much time and consistent exercises to get them mobile again.

I think Osteo Bi-Flex, 3 a day would help you; it has really helped my joints that hurt from osteoarthritis. And over time, it actually helps rebuild the joints!

I think you're going to have to be very patient and do the physical therapy exercises consistently and faithfully.

Maybe a "heat patch" from Wal-Marts on your shoulder would help, especially while you're doing the exercises? I would pre-treat, and stay ahead of the pain any way you can.

So sorry you have to endure this, and I hope you heal well and as quickly as humanly possible.

findmind
    p.s.Calcium, magnesium and Vit D. also good for bones. Calcium Citrate Plus from Walmarts has all three, not very expensive.[This Message was Edited on 06/24/2006]
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Bumpity for ggks, in case she didn't get many responses.....

findmind
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you surgery on your shoulder. I certainly do wish you a speedy recovery!!

I don't think there is anything you can do to make it heal faster--unless you have a good "heart-to-heart" talk with Mother Nature!!! LOL

I would just do exactly what your doctor orders--he is the expert and knows what will help. I would think that drinking a lot of Vit. D milk and taking your calcium+D supplements certainly would not hurt!!

As far as what you can do to stop the hurting? Continue to go to your physical therapy sessions. The more you move it, the less stiff and painful it will be. Has your doctor suggested any water therapy? Maybe switching your physical therapy to the water therapy might make it more soothing.

And ... the heat wraps that you buy are great, but expensive!! I would check with your doc on using heat or ice before you do it though.

Are you supposed to be taking any anti-inflammatories for it?

Basically, it will just take time to heal .... just like everything else. I certainly wish there would be a magic cure to speed things along!!

Good luck with your therapy, and I pray that you have a very speedy recovery!!!

Big hugs,
    Janet