How to Heal Leaky Gut Syndrome (GMO Research & Awareness & More)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RadioFM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

2. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

How to heal leaky gut!

How GMO foods cause leaky gut

"Monsanto's glyphosate-based herbicides are registered in more than 130 countries throughout the world"

How does glyphosate create gut dysbiosis?

"Glyphosate is now associated with the overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria in the human gut and in the intestines of chickens, cows and pigs, resulting in intestinal infections."

"Glyphosate preferentially kills beneficial bacteria in the gut such as enterococcus, bifidobacteria and lactobacillus. pathogenic bacteria, such as staphylococcus, salmonella, shigella, and clostridium are especially resistant to glyphosate and begin to proliferate in the gut wreaking havoc in our ability to digest food and absorb essential nutrients."

"As a result our bodies cannot make essential vitamins and also cannot utilize important minerals such as zinc, magnesium and selenium."

"Taking probiotics and eliminating grains, carbohydrates and sugars will help to eliminate pathogenic bacteria and restore a healthy bacterial profile to the gut."

"We depend on our gut bacteria to make and assimilate vitamins and utilize minerals in our food."

"The damaged villi associated with celiac disease and gluten intolerance are impaired in their ability to absorb a number of essential nutrients, including vitamins B6, B12, and folate, as well as iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamins D and K."

"Long-term deficiencies in B6, B12, as well as zinc, are known to result in mental illnesses and neurodegenerative diseases."

"Celiac disease and gluten intolerance, which are now unequivocally linked to glyphosate ingestion, are associated with multiple pathologies in the digestive system including impaired gall bladder function, non-alcoholic fatty liver, pancreatitis and acid reflux."

"Glyphosate is also known to disrupt the synthesis of tryptophan and tyrosine in the gut. Tryptophan is the amino acid that produces serotonin. Low serotonin is associated with many of the behavior disorders in children with autism."

"All autistic children suffer from severe gut dysbiosis or full blown celiac disease."

"An important book to read is “Gut and Psychology Syndrome,” by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride."

"Low serotonin is also linked to many forms of depression as well as figuring in autoimmune disorders."

"One of the most important links with celiac disease is Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, an autoimmune thyroid disease. Selenium deficiency is associated with celiac disease and its deficiency can lead to impaired thyroid function. Glyphosate disrupts selenium uptake in plants. Supplementation with selenium is therefore important for people with gluten intolerance or who have celiac disease."

See more below:

We must to bring awareness to key issues and important topics that may help others find answers to the health challenges of today.

Mom Explains GMOs in 6 minutes
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  3. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Is Glyphosate Killing Our Gut Flora?

Part 1 New Version Edited by Ryan Wirick

Anthony Samsel on the Effects of Glyphosate Part 2: Moms Across America, Zen Honeycutt

Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Seneff (Full Interview)

Herbicides: Are They Killing Us Slowly? Interview: Dr. Stephanie Seneff

4. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

6. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

We need to bring awareness to key issues and important topics that may help others find answers to the health challenges of today.

I like to see more threads and topics on basic lab testing, treatment option and comprehensives functional approach that have been already proven to be beneficial.

I have revised foundational supportive topics & discussions to better help our forum members comprehend and understand these important concepts. We must bring awareness to have a chance to fight through the adversities we see today.

The Gift of Recovery Protocols & Research:

It's very important to ask your doctor about Homocysteine and Methymalonic acid levels to see if additional Methylation support is needed as the MTHFR SNP affects 30-40% of the worlds population.

Never Give Up The Fight!
  7. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I encourage everyone to learn about leaky gut and how to heal it.

Most of our immune system originates in our gut, so it is critical to have a healthy gut in order to recover from our illnesses.

Many people have leaky gut, but don't know it.
  9. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

I have been treating leaky gut now for a couple of years. It took me several years for me to believe it was even real! I didn't realize how much pathogenic bacteria fed on carbohydrates.

So I spent years gaining no ground at all because I still ate a regular carb. diet. I am now making very good and consistent progress with a low carb.-sugar free diet, antibiotic herbs and supplements to repair my leaky gut.

I am also pretty sure I know the cause of my leaky gut. I had a cdsa (comprehensive digestive stool analysis) done. It found a have pathogenic level of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, which is a very antibiotic resistant bacteria. Here is a quote from a study I found on P.Aeruginosa and the gut-

Emphasis mine.

Of coarse death only comes to those that are severely immune deficient. P. Aeruginosa is a fairly common bacteria found in many people's gut.

It is not a problem unless there is not enough "good" bacteria to keep it in check. Way to many antibiotics is most definitely the primary culprit in my case, along with a high sugar high carbohydrate diet.
  10. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Beyond Basics - Clinical Case Studies and Protocols for Difficult GI

11. IanH

IanH Active Member

Jim, you have a very good point here and interesting to see that you have a high level of P.Aeruginosa. This is an opportunistic bacterium and when your small intestine and bowel are overfed FODMAPS these will cause high growth of P.Aeruginosa.
    We have a book in our library which addresses this issue (doesn't mention FODMAPS though)
    Pseudomonas Aeruginosa as an Opportunistic Pathogen
    by editors: Campa,M; Bendinelli,M; Friedman,H
    Springer-Verlag:New York 2012

Also, See my article here:
  12. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

FODMAPS and SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)?

"Fodmaps can contribute to SIBO or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Do you have gas, bloating, flatulence and indigestion? Fodmaps maybe contributing to the problem! Watch this video to get a bigger picture of SIBO and fodmaps."
    See more videos below:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  13. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Ian- I am on a combination diet, so to speak. It's basically paleo and low FODMAP. I continue to tweak it though as I still am eating some fodmaps, although not many. I found your post on gluten sensitivity VERY interesting and it has a loud ring of truth in it for me.

I just read an article a few days ago on how fructan in wheat might cause GI symptoms in some people, not the gluten. Until I heal my gut though, I want to take every precaution I can and that includes a gluten free diet for now. Although I am still on the fence about the gluten sensitivity thing.
  14. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Gliadin causes intestinal permeability in both celiac and non-celiac intestinal mucosa:

"Based on our results, we concluded that gliadin activates zonulin signaling irrespective of the genetic expression of autoimmunity, leading to increased intestinal permeability to macromolecules."

Abstract Source: Scand J Gastroenterol. 2006 Apr;41(4):408-19. PMID: 16635908
  15. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Hey Radio- Is a lot of the dis-agreement about Gliadin causing intestinal problems just because some are using the term "gluten sensitivity" to describe the problems it's causing? So it becomes more about the term being used, than the problems it causes? Almost every functional medicine doctor I listen to or read about, all say gluten is a huge problem.
  16. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

We need to raise awareness of these potential risk factors and their relationship to chronic diseases.

Its really hard to give up the food we love. I think the dis-agreement is more about the mind defending these addictions. I try and look passed the obvious answers as there will always be a problems with in a problems. If I was really healthy and had no antibodies to Gliadin -would I still consume sprouted grains. -Maybe

But, we are talking about sick people with history of gut dysfunctions and chronic inflammatory issues. Anyone who would still defending eating these inflammatory foods may have other underlining issue driving their options.
    (In my option) :rolleyes:

If CFS/FM do in fact have cytokine driving their symptoms. Why would you still eat inflammatory foods?

Wheat products can also raise blood sugar that may help drive this vicious cycle. I feel all inflammatory related risk factors should be avoided(.)

If you are sick and inflamed. Why add more fuel (AKA-Gluten) to the fire?

In my book 1+1= No Gluten

Keep in mind that the old model "one cause one disease" does not always apply and gluten is only one contribution factor in a sea of possibilities. We need to raise awareness of these potential risk factors and their relationship to chronic diseases.

Brain Fog and Inflammation
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  17. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Radio- It amazes me how extremely difficult it can be to change one's diet! It took me 7 years to get on board with the paleo type diet and to go gluten and dairy free. Deep down I really didn't feel like I could do it.

I think I really believed I wouldn't be able to get enough calories without all the carbs, and I would just wither up and die. That's a lot of resistance! Of course it was just fear based nonsense in retrospect, it had nothing to do with reality.

The truth is diet is the most important and the most rewarding part of my recovery. Nothing has given me more results than diet! Hope and persistence are my best friends, they keep me moving forward so I can continue to heal.
    RadioFM likes this.