Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morningsonshine, Nov 15, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

(My girlfriend sent this to me this morning, hope it makes you smile!)

I Think this would work in Minnesota too, don't you? TH

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.

3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

"Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside."

2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

It'd work here in rural Oregon too!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to me. Unless, of course, you get the really bottom of the barrel criminal what can't read so good.
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

LOL good one Morning!

Kinda reminds me of some neighbours down the road!

hugs Redwillow
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

for most of the time where we've lived, we've had several very large dogs... 140# Great Pyrenees and a Rottweiler that weighed the same, also had a great dane, 90# german shepherd/collie, plus assorted other 'smaller' dogs... that included chow mixes etc...

Our house is isolated... after a few different people took a ride down our drive 'just to see' who moved in, we didn't get any more sightseers, lolol......

Thanks for the laugh!

6. morningsonshine

Yes, i love having a big dog around, it makes people stop and think. And my hubby is gone alot at night.

My Great Dane, passed away two years ago now, from old age.
    Boy i miss having her around. She was the sweetest dog i had, but just because she was big, she scared people.

I want another large dog, but really dread the whole puppy thing with my lack of

Kitty helped my type that last bit!!LOL
  7. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Those gentle giants just steal my heart. We have had Great Danes for the nearly 40 years we have been married. After our Rudy was killed by the next door neighbors pit bulls my heart was broken. I would love to have another but do not have the physical strength to survive the adolescent stage.

Rudy was a huge harlequin dane. I had a red convertible mustang that he loved to ride in. He would lounge in the back seat and practically stop traffic. People would take his picture everywhere we went. When my knees couldnt take the clutch and shifting gears any longer I tried 3 different vehicles and couldnt coax im into any of them. He was the biggest chicken ever!

One time we were blowing up balloons for birthday party decorations. There were several of us around the table and Rudy underneath....well one of the balloons popped and he about overturned everyone getting out of there. For some reason he blamed my mother in law for the chaos and cowered avoided her from then on.

He was tall enough to be a great support for my wobbly legs. When we would have snow and ice I would rely on him daily to help me out to get the mail and the newspaper.

sorry I rattle on and a million of them. Great dogs. Sweetie asked me why I insist on a dog with a shorter life expectancy? I said I couldnt help it, I would rather have 10 good years with a breed I love than 20 years with an ankle biter.

Thanks for the memories,
    stephanie/stephananny aka gnanny (the g is silent)
  8. morningsonshine

Hey, thanks for sharing! My Dane was a brindle, and abit on the small size for a dane, but still bigger than most dogs!!LOL
    She was the easiest dog i ever had, she was even a pretty easy puppy. Although she did chew up my wooden rocking chair one day! LOL
    Wasn't funny at the time!
    The whole puppy thing is really holding me back from getting another big dog. We have an ankle bitter, and she's more like having a cat around than dog, and almost immpossible to house break!!#*@#!
    I'll take the shorter life span too, because i love big dogs!
    I've just found someone with beautiful old line german shepherd puppies, priced very reasonable, i want one REALLY bad, but just don't know if i can do the puppy thing, specially with a german shepherd, It would be like having a baby again!!
    Take Care,

9. victoria

victoria New Member

but the Great Dane was the only one who ever tried to 'save us' by running at and grabbing a roman candle firework that'd been lit and was hissing...

(thankfully it did NOT go off!)

And that was the first night we had her, 4th of July... a friend had brought her to us, had found her running along the highway!