how to keep the faith?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, Oct 5, 2006.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I have had CFS for a few years--just got really bad in early 2005. I've tried a multitude of things for this--don't feel like listing them all right this minute. Just need a pep talk I guess b/c I'm feeling sad,frustrated and faced with a big decision--what to do about work? I think I can still do part-time but it would be a big hit in our income if I went down to that. Sometimes it is so hard when you feel like you are trying so hard and nothing changes. I have a great family,husband,friends so am lucky there. Just the inner sadness of this frustrating illness that is hard at times.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Kel
  2. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Hoping for a few responses.
  3. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I typed out a long reply but I deleted it. The reason is because I feel like crap today, and my reply to you turned out to be more like advice then friendly. Mabye we just have these days and mabye today no one can say something friendly. I think your situation is a dilemma.
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

because I didn't want you to feel that no one cares. it looks like Prickles and people like her are awol today. They usually reply to every one, and have nice things to say.
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

Some days we just feel so crappy and it seems so overwhelming. Tired of being tired, tired of the illnesses, too many decisions to make, etc. It is ok to have these days as long as they don't last too long. Don't make any quick decisons when you are feeling like this because you may regret it when your mood improves. The only thing I can say is take care of yourself. Be good to you. Put on a sappy chick flick eat some junk foo and try not to think. Sometimes if you think too much it makes it worse. I realize I am babbling. I hope I am making some sense. Take it easy today. Tommorrow is another day and hopefully it will be a better day for you. I wish there was a magic cure for all this but there isn't. Just remember you are loved and and there is a lot of support here any time you need it.
    Cath
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Kel,

I'm so sorry that you're feeling sad and frustrated. You stated that you have a great husband, family and friends and that you're lucky there. I can tell from that statement that you're proud of your family and friends but I would say that you're not only lucky but very fortunate.

As for the illness, I can relate to what you're feeling and also working. I can't give you advice on what you need to do; only you can make that decision. Just keep your priorities in order and things may not be as difficult as you think. You DO have the most wonderful thing going for you and that's your family.

I hope this helped a little anyway.

BlueSky555
  7. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I had to stop working suddenly 3.5 years ago on Dr's orders.(i've done manual labor all my life.) I was working for a moving co, When I had to quit. Before that job I put in garage doors for about 12 years. I never was very succesful as a provider. Then I get this DD, and guess what? My wife was a stay at home mom. She had to find a job, You can tell how I'm looking now. (Not very good) Something to look forward to today? Gees' my pep talk is more like a pepper spray talk.
  8. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I'll take it in and try and remember tomorrow is a new day.
  9. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

After my second dose of pain meds at about 1 pm, I get more energy and more positive. The morning one just gives me enough relief to get out of bed and shower and sit here about an hour like a zombie.

I am keeping the faith because for years and years I had nothing wrong with me and gave that advice to people all the time. Now that I am a physical mess the least I can do is follow my own advice.

I believe God has something for each of us to do despite or maybe because of our limitations. I am trying to stick in and find out what my "thing" is.

Hang in there...hugs...Jana
  10. TLI

TLI New Member

Kel..
    You are in my Prayers and I hope that will help you have faith that things will be ok. Hold on to your wonderful family and know that there are many of us out here, from all over the nation (or world actually), praying for you. THAT you can have faith in. I hurt so bad sometimes too, to point of tears, but I know that I must be going through this for a reason. I have NO idea what that reason is, but I have faith that what ever God has in mind for me, this experience will help me somehow. Even if it is to offer kindness and support via a computer to others that feel as I do. Keep your chin up!
    Smiles ~Teddi
  11. redhowdy222

redhowdy222 New Member

I will pray for you today that God will give you the strength for this day. We take one day at a time and that's all we can do-pray for the strength to get through this one day at a time.Hugs to you,
    Cyndee in Texas
  12. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi kel:

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad today, can relate, have just recently have been slowly coming out of a flare that not only made me feel like a baby kitten, but scared me too.

I just kept telling myself to breathe through the moment and threw it up to the higher power.

I will keep you in my thoughts we all know how bad some days can be.

Keep Breathing.....

Hugs,

suz45
  13. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I can certainly feel for you.

I just quit a job with amazing pay, I had been there over 15 years. Working in computers.

My husband and I had gotten all our credit cards paid off and have just the "have to's" and the house payment.

My work also offered long term disability and I have filed for SSD.

Yes we are going to take a big hit but I absolutely couldn't take it anymore. The last 6 months of work I felt like I would faint. Also needed a cane due to dizziness and painful feet.

I called my doctor and asked first if he would back me up, he's been treating me for 20 yrs and he agreed.

Keeping the faith - I was so angry at God for years and finally decided to accept what was going on (like Job, and knowing many of the apostles had afflictions)I figured out why do I think I'm so special that I shouldn't have trials!

Anyway I am studying to be a Stephen Minister at the church and know that what I am and have been going through will help me to be a better more caring listener.

I have FM, arthralgia and fatigue. Fatigue is so bad because you just tend to nod off - like at a stop light. That scared me enough to stop.

Maybe it's time for a heart to heart with your doctor.

Also we have given serious thought about moving in with family or possibly a smaller place - we are going to live on the disability for a while to see if we can make it. My husband is retired so is already on social security.

I'm sad about having to leave work and also very sad I can't spend money like I use to.

Sorry this is so long, I hope you come to an acceptance of where you are and have your outgo match your physical capabilities. That's what my neurologist told me to do.

Take care,

Susan07
  14. baanders

baanders New Member

Your health is the most important thing on this earth that you have. It's hard to loose control over that. Don't make a quick decision. Life is always changing. Good things come into our lives unexpectedly if we wait. Maybe don't try so hard. I've heard that the most important thing about working is showing up for the job. Don't try to do extras like impressing anyone or over-extending yourself. Learn how to say "No" to people when you don't feel well. Your husband comes first in terms of loving him...what does he think you should do?

best wishes dear

baanders