How to lose abdominal fat please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springrose22, Mar 14, 2006.

1. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Help!!! I have CFS, and have a huge belly which of course is not good for heart health, etc. I used to be able to exercise regularly, but now exercise consists of two 15 min. very slow walks per day. If I'm not too ill. Has anyone tried any of the supplements in the store here? Any ideas? How can I lose this fat if I can't exercise?? Help!!! Marie
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I would try moving towards an alkaline diet. I will not only make you feel better but you'll lose weight as well. There's an excellent book about this called "the PH miracle for weight loss" by Dr Robert Young. When my own wife started on the diet she went from a size 10 to size 4 in about 5 months without exercise. It really works!
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Thank you so much for the info. I will look it up for sure. Very grateful. Marie
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Well I have the same problem with diabetes and FMS for 11 years and I have lost 15 pounds in a year. :( You have to starve to lose, I have found. It is really hard to lose weight without exercising.

I know I can't exercise as I have tried, so I'm trying to eat more veggies and a salad.

What happens to me is as soon as I lose a few pounds, I eat more and gain it back. :( I think I'm just going to be fat the rest of my life. I don't know what else to do.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I too carry fat in the belly when I put on weight. I've made dietary changes eliminating bad carbs (mostly sugar, refined flour, and processed foods) and added in pilates twice a week. I now have abs of steel!
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I have always been prone to carrying fat in this area - nothing really helps. I dieted hard a few years ago and I looked and felt slimmer around my belly but most of the weight came off my breasts and butt...NOT what I wanted...LOL!

I have gained all the weight back so I am just trying to cut back again on the carbs especially bread and sweet things and try to go for a walk every day - that's all I can manage.

I would say cutting back (but not eliminating completely) your carbs is the best way to go.

Love Bunchy x
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I would not take any weight lose supplements that contain a stimulant. Generally, stimulants are not good for people with CFS.