HOW TO POST A MESSAGE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Welcome to the Newbies - this is a wonderful place for sharing and learning and venting and laughing and crying...well, I think it's a great place!!

This is a reminder that goes out every couple of weeks or so. It is very, very difficult for most of us with FMS and CFIDS to read posts that have no paragraph breaks and that are typed in all Caps.

If you take the time to post a message, we want to read it, but sometimes we cannot. We see a long message without breaks and we must move on to the next post.

Please put paragraph breaks in your posts. Please do not use all Caps.

Thanks so much and again, welcome to all!!!

Lolalee

[This Message was Edited on 06/11/2006]
  2. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I understand where you are coming from. Thanks for the insight, since I am new for the sight.

Janet
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thank you for understanding Janet. It's not something we think of until we try to read a long post.

We all appreciate you.

Lola
  4. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I went back and revised my post on the flare topic. The thought of it being so difficult to read had never crossed my mind.

Thank you so much for calling that to my attention. I will try to remember to be more considerate in the future. That was excellent advice.

Again, Thank you!!
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

I think it would help to change your, title to something like

Make Paragraphs, Please!!!

Those who don't know what it means will check it out, and us "oldies" who have requested it a million times will know what you mean LOL

Thanks,
    findmind
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks for the tip...I wondered about the title. I think that some oldies still don't insert paragraphs, so maybe the new title will interest anyone who has a doubt about how to post.

Lola
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please don't use vague titles, such as "Please Help Me," "Anyone Else Have This," or "Please Read."

Many of our members have limited time to scan and read posts. They will pass by posts which do not indicate from the title what the post is about.

The title of this post is great. It is very specific and will be helpful for all of us, old and new.

Love, Mikie
  9. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

This is the first message board that I have ever used, so all those tips and pointers are really beneficial to me. Thanks for taking the time to explain those things to us/me.

If you can think of anything else that we need to keep in mind, please just keep this post going and I'll keep checking back. You've mentioned some very important tips and pointers here that I would not have thought of on my own.
  10. 2YUNG

2YUNG New Member

I have a habit writing in all caps because I need reading glasses. Its easier for me to read the letters, but I see your point.
    Will do better in the future.

Deb
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator