How to Post a New Thread

Discussion in 'Tips and Suggestions on How to Use the New Forum.' started by Holly-Admin, May 15, 2013.

1. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

1. Make sure you are logged in (you'll see your name in the green bar above). If you're not logged in, follow the instructions in How to Log In or Create a New Account.

2. Go to the forums home page (click on "Forums" in the green bar above).

3. Scroll down the page and click on a section that best fits your topic (such as "News and Research" or "General ME/CFS and FM Discussion").

4. Click on the "Post New Thread" button on the right side of the page

5. Enter a title for your thread

6. Enter the text for your thread

7. You can use the formatting tools to adjust things such as font size and color, or to add an image or video (see image below).

[​IMG]

8. If you'd like to see a preview of how your post will look, click the "Preview..." button. A preview of your post will appear at the top of the page. If you see anything that needs to be changed, scroll down the page until you see the editing section again, and make your changes there.

9. If you'd like to receive a notification when your thread is replied to, click "Watch this thread...". You will then receive a notification in the "Alerts" section in the green bar at the top of the page when your thread is replied to. You can also select "and receive email notification".

10. When your thread looks how you want it to, click the "Create Thread" button.
    Nanie46 likes this.
  2. jumpshot

jumpshot Member

thanks but I can't find post new thread ??
  3. hangininthere

hangininthere Member

Hi Jumpshot, and welcome.

I'm thinking that it's one of two possibilities as to why you can't find the Post New Thread icon.

Number one - you might have to scroll over to right of screen, or make your screen smaller to see the icon near top right of a room that says 'Post New Thread'.

I have to scroll over on my screen to see it because I have my screen set on large, and it doesn't show the whole page, it cuts off some of the right side of page.

Or number two - it's because you're not on the page with the list of threads of the room you want to post a new thread on.

The icon isn't up there when you've clicked onto a particular thread on the list, such as this thread you're reading right now. The icon is not up there on this thread.

Only when you're on the room thread list is the icon up there.

1. Click on section you want to post on - where there is a list of threads - such as you did here when you clicked on 'Tips and Suggestions on How to Use the New Forum'

2. Don't click onto a thread on the list, such as this thread, or the Post New Thread icon is not on that page - it's only on the room page that has the list of threads

3. Up near top right of screen...

4. Post New Thread icon

Let me know if this helps. I'm thinking maybe your screen is set large and it's not showing - like it's off to the right of your screen not showing.

Or the Post New Thread icon is only on each room page that has the list of threads, and you're trying to post a new thread from one particular thread page you're reading at the time.

Once on a particular thread, there is no Post New Thread icon on that page.

Let me know if any of this makes sense, and I'll try to help some more in different words or in shorter increments. I'm not so good at explaining things.

Patti
  4. jumpshot

jumpshot Member

your pretty darn smart thanks, I may have accidentally created one, not sure
  5. hangininthere

hangininthere Member

Hi Jumpshot.

Yes, you accidentally posted a new thread, haha.

I made some mistakes in my rambling instructions above. I'm trying to figure out how to make it more precise and concise. Will amend it when I figure it out.

Patti
  6. jumpshot

jumpshot Member

well where in the heck is my thread, I'm a wreck @ navigating may take me some trial /error, but thanks much
  7. hangininthere

hangininthere Member