How to rest when resting is not possible

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Feb 2, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm having a very difficult night tonight. I feel terrible right now, and it's because I overdid it majorly tonight. I had off from work and school yesterday, which felt great. Then today I woke up bright and early to go feed the dogs at my parents' house while they are awake. I went straight from there to school at 8pm. Then I was in school until 12 and went right to work until 4pm. I fought rush hour traffic to pick up my son from daycare, then went to feed the dogs again. I got home a little after six, and I have to go back to my parents' house again later tonight to let them out. Thankfully, my husband is going to go let them out tonight so that I don't have to go. But then tomorrow I have to study and work. My husband is great and is going to take care of the dogs again tomorrow and also take JJ to basketball practice.

I just worry because I know my body is telling me to rest, but there's just too much to do and I feel like I cannot afford to rest. My glands are still swollen...sometimes painful, sometimes not. My throat is constantly hurting and I feel feverish almost 24/7. I just don't understand how I went from almost complete remission to feeling like I'm dying. So, what does someone do when they just don't have the time to rest?

Hugs,
    Kim
  2. ask2266

ask2266 Member

Unfortunately, I have to rest because the stress of going and going non-stop is what triggered my disease in the first place. We sold our house and are now renting because I had to quit my job. I had to downsize so that I could rest. Sorry that I don't have a more uplifting suggestion. I have a 2 year old boy, so I know how hard it is to work and raise a child at the same time.

Hugs back, ask2266
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Have you tried the supplements responsible for making energy (ATP) in your body? I was pretty much crashing every day until I started taking them. I've been taking them everyday since Nov and things have really been looking up since then. They are:

d-ribose
    magnesium (glycinate, taurate or malate, NOT oxide)
    nadh
    acetyl l carnitine
    coq10 (oil based gel cap)

Here's the article I read that explains them;

http://www.cfids-cab.org/MESA/DrMyhill-373.pdf

I'm assuming you have eliminated all junk from your diet, as it's very hard on your body to make energy and have to process a bunch of garbage at the same time. Eat lots of veggies, boiled in chicken broth for taste if you don't like them. A good vitamin and mineral supplement from the health food store will go a long way.

best wishes,

karen
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kim:

I am so sorry you have so much on your plate. You sound like such a trooper and it is very admirable.

To rest: I just sit in a chair for about fifteen minutes and keep my eyes closed. I rotate my head around and then rest.

It seems to help me continue with the day.

You take good care.

nyrofan