How to stimulate lymph no migrianes for 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Jul 20, 2008.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All,

I just wanted to share a tip with you that I learnt from an iridologist.

Do this test:
    Pinch and pull the flesh in between your fingers, does it hurt?

It was very tender when I did this the first time but I was advised to do it by an iridologist to stimulate the lymph glands. She said after a while it will feel much better. So I have done this every day and now it doesn't hurt when I pinch and pull it which means it must have helped!

Just a little tip I thought may be beneficial to some to help the body eliminate toxins more effectively by stimulating lymph.

I have also looked at my diary and realised that since I started my new regime at the end of June (see my profile for info), I haven't had a migraine for more than 3 weeks which is a miracle for me!

I've also just finished my first round of chelation with DMSA 12.5mg on Dr Cutlers protocol and didn't notice any side effects other than wind so I'm ready for round 2 of DMSA this week!
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks so much for the tip for stimulating the lymph. I think that is a major problem for me because I can do so little physical exercise or even just plain movement, due to fatigue or being sick, etc. And the lymph needs our bodies to move for it to move and do its job.

so that is a great tip - I just tried it and it is rather painful when I pinch and pull between my fingers.

I am sure there are lots more simple things we could do to help ourselves, if only we knew what they are --

I looked at your profile - that is quite a regimen you have going! But it looks quite good and I have no doubt you will make some major progress. I am sorry you are so young to have to be dealing with this.

Take care --

3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Thanks for the tip~ I just tried that and wow that hurt.

Keep us updated on your treatment.

Gentle hugs , Susan
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hi Jo,

Out of curiosity, where specifically do you pinch yourself to stimulate the lymph glands?

You might be interested in Dr. Cheney's Hydrotherapy protocol, which was based on moving lymphatic fluid by floating vertically in a pool for 20 minutes or so several times a week. A friend of mine did remarkably well following this plan. I don't know the reference off hand, but you should be able to find it by googling.

It's not clear to me if you're implying the lymph movement cleared up your migraines, or the removal of your mercury fillings and subsequent chelation. I, too, found a certain type of headache I'd had disappeared after mercury filling removal.

Lately, I've found I'm having less migraines due to the addition of magnesium several times a day (with meals).

Anyhow, as a fellow migraineur, I can relate to how wonderful it feels to be migraine-free for three weeks! I haven't quite accomplished that yet, but at least they are not daily, which was the case before.

5. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I too am wondering where exactly am I supposed to do the pinch and pull ~ I did it on my arms and it hurt.

And how long did you do this each day?

thanks, Susan
  6. desertlass

desertlass New Member

For those interested in these types of pressure points, the areas from Reflexology on hands and feet are:

Top of feet: the wedge-shaped area between the big and middle toe.

also: imagine a band going from the top of one ankle across to the other. This also is the area for the groin and fallopian tubes.

Another area of the Hands: on top of the hand, below the area where the thumb meets the first finger, toward the wrist-- there is a small "indent" there, right between the wrist and the hand.

Pretend your fingertip is like a needle and wiggle the areas gently, and never so much that it hurts, especially if it's already tender.

7. msSusan

msSusan Member

I haven't been able to find info. on this yet. If anyone finds more info. please let us know.

I use a flotation exercise belt to do gentle running/jogging in warm deep water but would like to know if specific movement's are recommended for lymph drainage.
  8. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I'll try anything to help.
  9. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All,

Apologies, I don't think I made it very clear.

The place I was told to pinch and pull is between every fingers (like the webbed bit).

After I did this lymph thing for about a week, the pain is not there anymore which suggests the lymph isn't as congested according to my iridologist.

Not having the migraines was a separate thing to the lymph tip, I just wanted people to know that I am having some progress generally with my regime.

I don't know why the migraines went - I think it's a whole combination of things I was doing. They went before I had my amalgams out. I used to get them at least twice a week.

Thanks for the hand refeloxologist tips too!

10. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

I thought I would look into this more so I have listed a website below also if people are interested:

"To Treat Swollen Lymph Nodes - Massage the Base of Each Finger. In between each finger at the base is a reflexology point for the upper lymph nodes. If your glands are swollen, at least one (and probably all) of these points will be painful to the touch. Massaging all 4 of the points will bring relief almost immediately.
    The four points are at the very base of each finger within the webbing of the skin. There is one between the thumb and index finger, another between the index and middle finger. Remember that each point is found within the webbing between the digits."

Hope this explains it better!