How to take Seriphos?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mbofov, Oct 14, 2003.

1. mbofov

mbofov Member

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has taken Seriphos - would like to know the dose you took, and when to take it. The people at Clymer have told me to take it before bed and when I wake up in the middle of the night; however, my regular M.D. said to take it first thing in the morning and late morning, to mimic cirdadian cycles.

Also, have been quite logey - feeling drugged and extra tired since starting the Seriphos. Anyone else have this reaction?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. mbofov

mbofov Member

Thanks for the bump. A saliva test showed I had high cortisol and low DHEA levels. The seriphos is a phosphorylated serine - a long word for something that helps regulate cortisol levels and is supposed to do something good for your adrenals. But I have heard conflicting ideas of what time of day to take it. It is supposed to help with sleep also, when sleep disruptions are caused by high cortisol levels (I think that's when your adrenals just won't slow down, are always going on high and get exhausted, etc. and then you wake up at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. and can't sleep) Supposedly the Seriphos will relax you, but I have been more than "relaxed" - actually very tired, hard to function.

I had the saliva test done through a place called Clymer Healing Research center in Pennsylvania. You can find them on the Internet. I'm trying their protocol.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

When I was taking Seriphos (I only rarely need it anymore), I was taking it 4X a day, 4 capsules each time, because I needed a very large dose to 'flip off' the HPA on overdrive. However, after several months, it wound down to taking it just twice a day, one capsule each -- for *me* the best times were at dinner and just before bed. BUT I understand there are some people who respond better to taking it at breakfast and lunch, depending on their own biological rhythems. I think that you should try the other time for a week and see what happens. Also, you should describe your symptoms to your contact at Clymer.

I didn't feel drugged when I was taking it, but like I said, I needed quite a bit to do the job. And I didn't feel 'relaxed' like, say, Percocet-relaxed. But basically that urge to get-up-and-go was gone. If you'll consider that after an illness, your body basically shuts down in order to rebuild, that's sort of what you're doing with the Seriphos.

[This Message was Edited on 10/15/2003]
  4. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I used to take Seriphos under the former Dr. Poesnecker's direction and I used to take it at 6 pm, 8 pm, and bedtime. If I remember correctly I think I used to take two pills at each time for a total of six pills of Seriphos each night. They really helped me sleep well and I didn't wake up in the middle of night feeling nervous anymore. I never felt tired from the Seriphos so maybe you should either reduce your dosage or check back with Clymer Healing Research Center. Now I take the Homeopathic Growth Hormone at bedtime and I sleep really well. I should go back on the Seriphos because I do get adrenaline surges frequently. Good Luck!

Love, Jasmine
  5. mbofov

mbofov Member

Thanks to all who responded. I am going to try taking the Seriphos early in the day - I skipped my doses last night and though I woke up for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night, when I finally did get up, felt much better than I had in several days. I had been taking 3 right before bed, and then 3 in the middle of the night and also took a couple earlier in the evening. This was according to Mark of the Clymer Center - Dr. Poesnecker died this last summer. I did tell Mark about how awful I was feeling, and he really didn't know what to do. He suggested I go off the DHEA (am taking 10 mg. a day) but my gut feeling was that it was the Seriphos causing how awful I felt. So I took one first thing this morning, and then 2 late morning, and tolerated them okay. Will see how I do sleepwise tonight. The reason I had considered switching the time for taking the Seriphos was because of one website which recommended taking twice in the morning, and a doctor I have who also said to take in the a.m., that it would help re-set the circadian rhythms, or something like that.

Anyways - I would like to know about the homeopathic human growth hormone that Jasmine wrote about (anything that will help with sleep!) - where she gets it, the cost, any side effects, how much to take, etc. Thanks again.
  6. JMG1941

JMG1941 Member

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which I've had now for over 6 years. Recent tests showed my cortisol levels were running higher in the evening. None of the adaptogens prescribed had helped at all but after discovering this forum I learned about Seriphos and tried one capsule for the first time last night. I not only slept all night but my energy level was better than usual and not my usual drained self. Internet research indicated that it might take three days to show a change and three months to normalize cortisol levels. I'm assuming if my cortisol levels are too high in the evening, that would be the time to take Seriphos. I will update as changes occur.