How to take undenatured whey?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi folks

Quick question for those that know.... what is the best way to take the undenatured whey, and how much?

I just read one of the articles in the library and it suggested that it was good to start on 10gms 2 x a day on an empty stomach. You can increase the dose if you see no benefit

Is this what you guys are doing? I was just planning to add it to a smoothie, but it looks like that idea is out the window!

Thanks
    Michelle
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

It's great stuff if you can take it. I have dairy intolerance and can't, I sneeze my head off the next day. If you're feeling pretty good, it's probably okay to start with doses like that.

If your body isn't producing a healthy amount of glutathione (main body detoxifier) or you're feeling poorly, it will give you a real boost. That's what it's for, to help your body make glutathione. This could cause very uncomfortable symptoms and even be dangerous if you detox too fast and mobilize a bunch of toxins. If you're not sure, start with a small dose like 1/2 or 1 teaspoon in a little water and see what happens. Then increase slowly day by day, one teaspoon at a time.

Do it first thing in the morning and take no other food or drink with it as it is very delicate and needs to maintain it's ph (or something like that). Take nothing else for at least 1/2 hour. If you have a diary intolerance, it's going to activate your immune system and that'll do more harm than good.

If you can't take it, you can use N acetyl cysteine to produce glutathione but use caution if your liver isn't functioning properly. If you're not sure, start with small doses like 50 or 100 mg and increase slowly to about 200-500 mg per day. I used to take 500 mg 3 times a day and it gave me alot of energy until my liver had too many problems and now I can only take about 500 mg per day. hope this helps karen
  3. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Yes,I will start with a small dose first thing in the morning... I handle dairy pretty well so I'm not expecting any problems there.

Thanks
    Michelle