How to tell a flare from progression of this DD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Aug 26, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

The last few weeks, my pain has been worse and I have gone from no pain meds to pain meds every day.

Is there any way for me to tell if this is just a flare and will get better or just this DD kicking up another notch?

I worry so much about getting worse that every new symptom, etc concerns me. I think there is no way to know except to wait and see if it gets better or not.

Love,
    Sonya
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have a massager that is hand held but not two headed, although I have seen the one you are talking about. I will try it when I get home and thanks for the advice.

The pain I have is not knots that I know of, it is just muscle pain in a "band" up and down both sides of my spine.
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sonya,
    I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I have been taking what is called Arthrotec (Diclofenac and Cytotec) since 1997 or 1998.

Well it causes me a fluid problem lately. So a few weeks ago I stopped taking it. You wouldn't believe how much pain I was in every single day I wasn't on that med.

Finally, I just went back on it and I am practically pain free. It makes just that much difference to me. Now that may just be me. It is a NSAID, but I get the two meds separate due to my insurance as they are both generic. I take 50 mg. of Diclofenac after dinner and 200 mcg. of Cytotec along with it, as the Cytotec coats the stomach from the nasties of the NSAID.

No ulcers at all and okay since 1997 or 1998. This medicine has been better for me than the pain meds, which I use for breakthrough pain--my Lortabs.

I did try the Lortabs and they don't touch the pain that the Diclofenac can.

I'm telling you, I can't live without this Diclofenac. My previous family doctor is the one who recommended this to me about a year or two after I was dx'd with FMS. This med put me from a 7 + to a 2.

BTW, Diclofenac is also called Voltaren. I know it has side effects too, not everyone would be able to take it. But I surely urge anyone to give it a try at least if they can. It just may be the answer you are looking for.

Sonya, you know I wouldn't get on here and talk so much about something that I didn't believe in. If I had a choice between the Lortabs and Diclofenac, I'd take the Diclofenac. It is that good for me.

My point is that Lortabs or pain meds can't really do but so much.

Hon, you work full time and are bound to be under stress as you have a family, job and church. So who knows how much the stress enters into the picture? Personally, I think you are doing great with your life. :)

Love & hugs,
    Faye
    So sorry this is so long...[This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sonya:

I have a theory: our diseases will give us major and minor flares, but we all get older and get other illnesses that just compound what we already have and it seems like one big flare.

That is why I insist on getting the best medical care I can get even if it means stepping on the toes of a few people.

nyrofan