How to test for hypercoagulation?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Renae610, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

I know that hypercoagulation makes it difficult to release toxins.
    What test is used to diagnose this?
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Hemex was purchased by Labcorp so the test is now available thru them. I'm not sure if one of their divisions (Esoterix) is doing the test or not. Check out the Hemex website for more info.
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Hemex was purchased by Labcorp so the test is now available thru them. I'm not sure if one of their divisions (Esoterix) is doing the test or not. Check out the Hemex website for more info.
  4. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

Thank you, Munch!!
  5. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

I am so glad I can finally answer a question instead of asking them. I go to the FFC (Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center) and they ordered a test for me that tested for "thick blood" "fibrous blood". I only know because my insurance denied the test saying it wasn't necessary.
    My test was done through Quest and I had a Fibrin Monomer, Thrombinbotic Marker Panel, a Prothrombin Fragment1.2, and a Thrombin-Antithrombin TAT. At least those are the names shown on my my lab work. I am not sure what box the doctor checks to have those tests run.
    And, I have do have the thick blood syndrome. I was told by my doctor that your body uses this as an immune response. If you get a bacteria or virus that your body is having a hard time controlling, it thickens around the outside of your blood vessels and trapping the bacteria or virus. To treat it you take a blood thinner to release it, but they couldn't treat me for it right away because they said I was too weak to handle it. When you thin the blood, you are releasing whatever was "quarantined". They gave me a hand out that said it could be containing: epstein barr, cytomegalovirus, HHV-6, Parvovirus, Enterovirus, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia Pnewmonia and Lyme Disease.
    So, the problem with having this is it suppresses the immune system and makes it harder for vitamins and nutrients to get in and out of the blood vessel. And, having this make you a higher risk for heart attack.
    Shalome
  6. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

I appreciate this "education" you have given me! I shared it with my daughter so we can keep deciding what next to do.

It sounds like you are getting good care at FFC. Are you noticing improvement in your symptoms? I'm curious, what do they offer for Lymes Disease and coinfections treatment? Antibiotics only? Or are they open to the other protocals?

thanks for sharing!

7. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

I am not sure. I found this out last week. I will talk to the doctor today, in two hours actually!! I will share the information I get!!
  8. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

The most important thing.......they gave me a supplement for the thick blood. It is called Coag Clear by Ultraceuticals.
  9. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

Thank you for letting me know this. I will have to get my daughter tested and recommend Coag Clear. I hope it helps you make good progress!!
    Best wishes,
    ~Renae