How to Use the Post Formatting Options

Discussion in 'Tips and Suggestions on How to Use the New Forum.' started by Holly-Admin, May 15, 2013.

1. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

When posting a new thread or replying to a thread, you can use the post formatting options to change things such as font size and color.

Change the Font Family

[​IMG]

- If you are just starting your post, click the "Font Family" drop down and select one.

- If you want to change the font for something you have already written, highlight the text using your mouse, then click the "Font Family" drop down and select one.

Change the Font Size

[​IMG]

- If you are just starting your post, click the "Font Size" drop down and select one.

- If you want to change the font size for something you have already written, highlight the text using your mouse, then click the "Font Size" drop down and select one.

Change the Font Color

[​IMG]

- If you are just starting your post, click the Font Color drop down (looks like an A with a colored line below) and select one.

- If you want to change the font color for something you have already written, highlight the text using your mouse, then click the Font Color drop down and select one.

Add a Smiley Face

[​IMG]

- Click in your text where you would like the Smiley Face to appear. Click on the Smiley Face drop down and then click on the one you like.

Make Text Bold, Italicized, Underlined or With a Strike-through

[​IMG]

- Highlight the text you want to change using your mouse, then click one of the font-style options:

B = Bold
    I = Italic
    U = Underline
    ABC = Strike-through

Change the Text Alignment

[​IMG]

- If you'd like to align your text differently, highlight it with your mouse, then select one of the text alignment options (see image above).

- The first option will align text to the left. The second option will align text to the center. The third option will align text to the right.

Add a Bulleted or Numbered List

[​IMG]

- To add a list, click one of the options (see image above) and then start typing your text.
  2. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Holly, Thanks for all the info. I have asked this question on several posts but haven't had any responses as yet. Maybe you can help me.

I cannot read any of the text on my screen without scrolling across to read the second half. This also happens when I write a post. On day two of this board, it cleared up for awhile and I could read it normally, but then it went back to the other way.

On the old board there was an option that I used for narrow or wide screen. Does this board have that option. I'm not going to be able to participaate on here if it stays like this. I hope you can help. Thanks, GB66
  3. Holly-Admin

Hi GB66. I'm sorry we haven't gotten back to you yet. I've gone ahead and created a custom forums style for you, which will make posts narrower.

To use this style, place your mouse over your username in the green bar at the top of the page, and then select "Preferences". At the top of that page, you'll see a drop-down called Styles. Select the one called "ProHealth - Narrow Post" and then click Save at the bottom.

Take a look at a message and let me know if you can see all the text. I can adjust the width to show more or less if you need.
  4. loveslilacs30

loveslilacs30 Member

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for these options. They are so much like the options in other software that they should be easy to use. Now, all I have to do is learn the moderator software. Too much pain from post-surgical PT to be able to concentrate on much.

Love, Mikie
  6. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Is it possible to set a default font that will be automatically loaded for me. I'm so limited in energy and having to set it each time again is taking a lot of that. And the default font of the forum isn't right for me and it keeps switching back to that even in one message where I already set a different font. I know of another forum that you can insert some code in the signature that will automatically do that for you but I don't know if that applies here to and what code to use.
  7. Holly-Admin

Unfortunately, there is no setting that will set a default font for individual users.
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Thanks for letting me know Holly, to bad, the default one takes a lot of extra energy to read, I'll see if there are any browser plug ins that may be able to make it easier for me and can change website fonts for me... Thanks again!