How Wonderful!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lmbrt6, Mar 14, 2002.

1. lmbrt6

lmbrt6 Guest

It is so wonderful to find a site that does not shun God! As mentioned previously I have tried many message boards. Not only did they usually not deal with illnesses (not that it has to be the topic all the time, but if that is the point of the board let's mention it once in a while),they usually specified to basically keep religion out of the forums. My God is what keeps me going, how can I not give Him the glory?!? Sometimes I am in so much pain and I just cry. But then I read about the pain, problems, and other circumstances so many of you are facing and I feel so blessed. I believe we are all blessed. Romans 8:28 tells us--And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...- I truly believe that everything we have to face in life has a purpose. At one time before my diagnosis I went through a horrible depression. After much prayer one day I woke up and it was gone. I thought at times though--why did I go through that?-- Recently I was able to assist a friend in getting the help she needed because I understood where she was coming from. The only reason I understood was because I had been through it. I praise God for all things. I pray for you all that God will strengthen you to face daily obstacles. CactusLil' I will be praying for you and your son.
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

So glad you found us here on the Worship Board!
    It is also such an encouragement to me too.
    I'll look forward to getting to know you.
    God bless you!
    Hugs,
    Harmony
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Thank you for praying for Will and I. My reserve is at a low and I know your collective prayers are heard by Heavenly Father. I must place my burdens at His feet and exercise my faith.

About depression; I forced myself to write a piece on clinical depression on the writers' forum; I would like you to read it. Love CactusLil'
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi there, I see you found the Worship Board too.

God bless, you are an inspiration! You are so welcome here.

I am late getting here tonight, been out all day, and got 'stuck' on the main board when I did get on line! so this is it before I go to bed.

Again, glad you have joined us, I hold the same thoughts as you do about these things we go through. I have been able to help others because I had (as our Lil says) 'walked in their shoes a while!

Sometimes that is the only way we can understand what others are feeling, experience is the best teacher even if it hurts sometimes.

I love the Scripture you quoted from Romans, it has mega truth in it, and I always go to it when things get bad for me.

All of you are in my prayers, at all times, Thursday night is a special time for me too.

This board is getting to be a real treasure again.

God bless, and again welcome to the Worship Board!

Shalom, Shirl