How would you describe your fibro pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Harmony, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I have a variety of type of pain, like I'm sure you all do, but would you say intense burning pain all over, is how you would describe fibro pain? Do you feel like you have bad circulation and low oxygen to the muscles?

I haven't been here in awhile so forgive me if this was recently discussed. I'll have to catch up on things here.

Thanks,
    Harmony
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I have a variety of type of pain, like I'm sure you all do, but would you say intense burning pain all over, is how you would describe fibro pain? Do you feel like you have bad circulation and low oxygen to the muscles?

I haven't been here in awhile so forgive me if this was recently discussed. I'll have to catch up on things here.

Thanks,
    Harmony
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

burning and "tissue" pain...not really muscle or joint related, but in the subcutaneuous tissue. It can be sharp at times, but it's hard to describe to someone who doesn't have it. It feels like I'm bruised all ever and it hurts to even scratch an itch!
  4. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Yes

I know have low oxygen to the muscles in my back and legs.

Poor Circulation? Was dx with obstructions in both legs in 1999; but not enuff to warrant any surgery. However, just recently the pain in my legs have become severe.

I've spent 2 days a week for the past 3 weeks visiting with the doc. Xrays, Bloodwork, No- dont have Graves Disease that doctor's associate mentioned 2 weeks ago, MRI (bulging discs, bone spurs, and the disc is narrowing at L5-S1) High Blood Pressure 160/100, More Bloodwork, Bone Density Test yesterday(results not back) More Bloodwork! Saw doctor yesterday and my left foot, ankle, and leg was blue. Doc says ya got some kind of vascular and/or circulatory problem so Monday scheduled for a Doppler Test Again.

My back from the neck down to each side of my hips is One Big Ole Tight Muscle Spasm. I struggle as I'm unable to take pain meds. They all make me sick. So I live with my blood pressure meds, Many Flexerils a Day, and was taking 75 mg of Pamelor until 2 weeks ago.

Doc seems to think I need to take Ambien. So Yep My Sleep Nite consists of at the most 5 hours a nite.

Solution? Gee Wish I Had One!

Gentleness

5. lease79

lease79 New Member

Burning, deep muscle aching, tightness, throbbing (in the arms,) occasional stabbing down the spine.

Lease
  6. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

broken. I actualy broke and severly sprained my foot by just walking and pushing my self to keep walking. The I forget tendon ripped a bone chip and I feel and broke the foot and a hand. No, I don't have bone problems. I always thought tht FMS couldn't hurt you. Well, I learned the hard way. The pain changes and migrates from some places others it's always there. I am sure there are other ways to discribe the differnt pains but, you name it. It's one big pain.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Good to see you back on the board. I have been asked that question so many times, and I always have to think when the pain is pretty much down like now!

I always described it like an absessed tooth that just throbs, burns and aches.
    Then there is the spasms that I get in my upper back and shoulders, those feel like what people used to call a 'Charley Horse', its knotted muscles that just hurt till I will scream with the pain just by moving the wrong way. And yes, the burning is there also.

Then there is the all over pain and achy feeling like you are coming down with the flu.

I also get arthritis, and bursitis attacks (as I call them!), and thats a differnt kind of pain too, in the joints and in the muscles in a different way.

It took awhile to learn to distinguish between the three when I didn't know any better, now I know what is hurting and why.

I also have disks out of place in my upper back, and thats another story!

It seems like we live with pain on a daily basic. I think if I woke up and nothing hurt me, I would automatically think I died and went to heaven!

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]