How would you describe your pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chrisgirl, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Chrisgirl

Chrisgirl New Member

I am still not diagnosed with FM (well, a dr. in VA said it looked like FM but now that I'm in TN and having more neurological symptoms I've been told it doesn't look like FM). Been tested for everything under the sun and I'm trying to understand if it is FM.

Wondering what your pain is like. Mine is getting worse everyday. Not like the flu, but stabbing pains in muscles and sometimes feels like they are tearing. It's the worst in my legs and they also feel stiff and tingling.

Does this sound like anyone else's pain?
  2. day2day

day2day Member

There are sooooooo many different types of pain I get with my CFS/FM hard to even list them all.

Some days I have full blown flares that is like having a flu that hits full force.

It is hard to describe the pain, but I can tell ya this for sure-neurological symptoms are many for me and I feel it is more Chronic fatigue rather than my fibro. I had CFS first and developed the FM secondary, the CFS I have had now for over 20 years. It is possible to have both.

I hope you find some pain relief soon.

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

That sounds like the pain I have.

The tearing kind just started this last 6 months. Also have stabbing tingling and burning. I get a buzzing electrical feeling also even in my mouth! Doctor said that was nerve pain.

I have fibro me/cfs epstein barr and post polio for starters!
    Theres all kinds of pain involved.

good luck with doc
  4. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

When I first started getting symptoms, I described them to a doctor and he kid of flinched, furrowed his brows and said, "Stabbing? You know what it feels like to be stabbed?" I was speechless. Didn't know what to say. I felt put down tho'.

Mine are varied, too; stabbing, tearing, burning, sometimes feels like I just got a bug bite and I fly out of bed freaking out only to find nothing there. Used to only get it in my legs but now it's all over my body. Sometimes, it feels like ice cold water dripping on my feet. I know, it sounds dumb, but it's true.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have no pain just body aches in different places, mainly my upper legs and hips that is why I doubt my dx so often.

I still think they have missed somehting.

Good Luck,
  6. Chrisgirl

Chrisgirl New Member

Thanks guys. I guess I am really scared this is MS because of my symptoms. I've had 2 MRi's this summer of my brain and one of my neck and they are both normal. I just read that many people who are eventually dxs with MS had normal MRI's in the beginning. Maybe the neurologist thinks this and that is why he is "watching me to see what happens". Just hoping it is FM and not MS, although both really stink!
  7. denpen72

denpen72 New Member

...different for different areas. My legs (thighs, hips) are a deep aching/burning. My knees feel like a horrible bruise. I also get pinching/stabbing sensations in my neck/shoulder area. The bottoms of my feet get sore and bruised if I walk around barefoot too often. I would say MOST of my pain is a deep soreness/ache/bruised feeling with occasional bouts of stabbing/pinching thrown in. Good luck with your final's nice to finally know what ails you even though it's not always good news.
  8. Chrisgirl

Chrisgirl New Member

I agree. This surprise is quite enough isn't it? I'm finding it hard not to worry and take it one day at a time. I know the worry only makes matters worse, but it is so darn hard not to.