Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pirtpain, Jan 1, 2010.

1. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I am curiuos as to how young is the youngest you have heard someone is to develop Fibro??

2. Cole1983

Cole1983 New Member

I am 26 and i developed fibro when i was 17.

3. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I am 42 and developed FM when I was 36....not young per se, but still wanted to contribute to this thread.
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I was 38 when I became ill with CFS/FM. I also have a granddaughter that was thought to have CFS when when she was about 12. She had mono the year before and then became too ill to go to school for awhile.

She did later recover but I worry that she will someday have a relapse (I don't tell this to her however). I also had mono at age 17 and never felt the same afterwards. GB66
  5. Shannah

Shannah Member

My son was in grade 2 and I think was either 7 or 8 when he was diagnosed with FMS. Then in the summer of '99, contacted mono, was diagnosed with CFS and has never recovered. I guess he was 10 then.

I was already ill when I became pregnant with him. It's a long haul isn't it?
  6. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Aww Shannah! My sympathies to your son! How is he doing now?
  7. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I posted this question because my granddaughter is complaining about alot of aches and pains and the dr says it's hormonal. She is only 8. Now maybe it is and maybe it isn't but I am concerned that she may be developing fibro. I pray for anyone that has this disease at such a young age. Thanks for all of yyour feedback. By the way she is complaining that her breasts hurt so maybe it is hormonal!

8. Shannah

Shannah Member

Thanks Shari,

He is very disabled with this and of course has missed most of his childhood. We've gone down countless roads for therapies and are waiting now for the XMRV testing to be straightened out then will have him tested.

A multitude of challenges along the way but it is what it is. Thankfully, his nature is such that he is a joy to be around.

Best Wishes

9. keke466

keke466 New Member

I was 40 when Dx with FM and am 52 now.
  10. Pebbles730

Pebbles730 New Member

I was 19 when I got mono, had a relapse and then was diagnosed with CFS. I developed Fibro at 29 after I hit my head in an accident. I'm 30 currently.