How'd you go from Type 'A" to Type 'Z'??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Nov 7, 2005.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've been moving from a Type 'A' "workerbee" to B, C, D, etc. for years, and I now feel I'm a Type 'Z'. Problem is I have "no experience" in being a family/homebody person.

I no longer can cook or clean (not that I miss that), and my hobbies were mostly outdoor ones. Now that's disappearing, and I've done the "creative" artist career; studied alternative medicine (still doing that); astrology; handwriting analysis, etc. But I burn out being in my head all the time.

Have never laid down so many hours; my computer & this board are my support group, and then there's ?? Well there is my husband, but he's a type A worker as well, but he has become my main caretaker. That is "huge".

Anyone relate?

LIGHT**********carole
  2. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i know that deep down inside i am a type A. But i have never had the energy to carry through with things. I loooove to organize but everything in my life is a mess because i don't want to spend my feel good time cleaning and organizing. i loooove doing things outdoors and playing sports, but i can't. i feel like a worthless slug. in fact, whne i was younger my family nicknames me slugbug.
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

Yesterday my husband said Mom invited us to eat dinner, do you want to go? or are you going to bed?
    I said yes, I want to go to Mom's and I'll ignore that remark because I know I'm doing every thing possible to help myself with headaches. You do nothing to improve your health or your teeth and you are losing both. At least I am trying.
  4. zerped

zerped New Member

I didn't realise until reaing your post, but I was doingcaretaking of others for years before I got sick. First helping take care of my Dad in the late stages of his Parkinson's, then seeing my Mom through cancer surgery then chemo and radiation therapy, then taking care of addicts and alcoholics trying to get sober in a residential setting. Yeah, it does make it harder, I think, to accept help from others.
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

Don't have energy to turn into Martha Stewart esque Domestic Goddess....but sure not able to go back to big bad career gal on a mission...so where the heck does that leave me?

Reading....lots and lots of reading. And I've sworn to myself that if I catch myself ever watching a soap opera to seek help immediately! LOL

For a while my cognition was so bad I was having a near impossible time reading and writing! Now that was a tough pill to swallow for a former english major and self proclaimed wordsmith! But hey...the couch is my friend. I'm not asking it to be...would much rather be out in the world as I'm pretty dang bored and lonely, but such is life.

I figure I'll catch up on my reading...maybe start a novel, and learn about all of the things I've always wanted to but never had the time. Big frustration for me is that there's SO MANY things I'm dying to do but am flat out physically incapable of right now...and so many others (like distance learning via internet) that I'd love to do, but flat out do not have the $$ Moola to pursue. Seems like good old Murphy's law sticking it to me one more time! Either I have the time, but not the money...or I have the money, but not the time.

Che sera, I suppose! LOL And yes...these boards have saved my sanity more than a few times....when I couldn't type for a bit, I felt like I was cut off from my lifeline! LOL

Hugs and inspiration to you!
    Rachel
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I keep saying "I need a mentor"; someone to guide me through this "unknown" territory. I've been the pathfinder until now........counseling/educating.......I'm ready to reverse my role!

My therapist told me "you're looking for a needle in the haystack".........well that sure felt comforting!!
    Unless you're "in" this, just don't think anyone outside of us can truly understand.

It seems I was always on the "cutting edge" of things, but this doesn't feel like that.........or maybe it is. Been researching for years, and have just discovered the whole brain theory. Maybe that's where the next journey lies.

Anyway, ready for that next door to open.........no letters left!!

LIGHT**********carole