How's it going, NYROFAN?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Sep 16, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just saw a post from you, and I'm wondering how you're feeling today. Have you been to you meeting and found a new sponser?

Basically, I just was thinking of you and hoping you are doing well. I love your spirit!

Hugs,
    Sue
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fivesue:
    Thank you so much for thinking of me. Tonight is the meeting. I have not had a beer since that terrible day when I admitted I was mixing meds with it. The doctor was so understanding and just changed my meds and made me promise to go to AA weekly.

How do I feel: better. I felt so much guilt before.
    And the beer made me feel lonely. And it scared me that I was self medicating. Truth be known, I did not think the doctor would believe me. Yet, just being honest he did.

I suppose at some point I will have to introduce myself using the term 'I'm an alcoholic' at the meetings as that is how introductions are done. I just say 'and I am new'.

I talked to the one gal and told her that I need the meds and thanked her, but the sponsorship thing would not work out. I called the other one who brought me to that first meeting and she is picking me up tonight alone.

I have my eye on a potential sponsor, but will listen closely to her tonight and maybe talk to her after the meeting.

Any advice? And--how are you?

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

listen closely and go with your gut. I think I would also share my physical condition, your doctor's treatment plan, and see if the person is OK with that. You don't need to go through that again. I'm glad you were able to tell the first sponser.

I just posted that I'm not feeling that great, but I will go on. I'm so glad that you are feeling better! How encouraging! Not only are you feeling less guilty, but by being honest with your doctor (who must be a sweetie!), you are getting help for both conditions. That is so neat.

Hope the meeting goes well. If you can't find a sponser there, maybe there are other AA group meetings in your area you can attend that would fit your need better.

Take care! Let us know about tonight.

Love,
    Sue