How's your handwriting?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mindyandy420, Jun 16, 2008.

1. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

Do you have CFS or FM? Mine we'll I've always had terrible handwriting but lately it sucks.
  2. 28years

28years New Member

My late husband used to be able to tell how well or badly I was doing based on my hand writing. The worse I felt, esp., cognitively, the worse my hand writing got.
  3. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

When I was younger, I used to get compliments on my penmanship.
    Now it's so bad...I can't even understand what I've written.
    Thank God for computers.
  4. xphile

xphile New Member

Well, fortunately my handwriting is better than my doctor's lol Actually people have told me that I have excellent handwriting. One odd thing though is that it does not slant to the left or the right; it's straight up and down. Do any of you experience this too? When I am in flare though my writing gets bad because my wrists cramp up and my hands shake a little bit, like a mild tremor. It's easy to see when I've written something while in a flare compared to when I'm having one of my better days.

BILLCAMO New Member

It's almost legibile ! LOL

Blessings ,

6. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

my hand writing is terrible now. it hurts to hold the pens. i bought the big fat ones and that helped me to hold the pen but my writing is still bad. it gets worse the more i write by the time i am finished you can't read it
  7. whoachief

whoachief New Member

Everyone used to compliment me on my beautiful handwriting - now it is HORRIBLE plus I try to write as little as possible due to pain.
  8. landra

landra New Member

But it is worse! I have CFS so pain is not exactly the reason. Not sure what is - but typing is much my preference now.
  9. oldbloke

oldbloke New Member

Hi Adam,I am new here so I don't know if anybody has commented on your post about your handwriting.I have had fibro for about 20 years,and yes my handwriting sometimes gets bad-why I am replying is because I too feel those very mild tremors and I find valium helps to control them.I belong to a fibro support here in Oz(Australia).What frustrates me is not being able to do the things that I once could,I have always been handy with tools etc but the mildest exertion plays havoc with "good old fibro"lol.I notice you are a Christian(I think I read something in one of your posts that led me to assume that).I am too.I can recommend a website which may be of interest, can be encouraged by what we believe.I hope I haven't overstepped the mark in talking about religion.All the best to you and all fellow sufferers.Regards,Graeme.