HRN's Other. We wish HRN well. Loungers #34.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spacee, Apr 8, 2010.

1. spacee

spacee Member

I tried last nite. Waited a long time but reply never came up.

If you don't have a reply either, could you start a Post Topic at the top of the page
    and let us know how she does.

We all are thinking/praying for her.

Thanks so much for letting us know! Tell her we love her!!

[This Message was Edited on 04/08/2010]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2010]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2010]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Spacee. Hi, HeavenlyRN's hubby. Convey our best wishes and keep us

HaHa! When I was kid they used to have items in the local paper like this.

Mrs. Cora Bucksaddle, who has been illish of late, is now able to sit up
    and take nourishment.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

give us daily posts if possible...

LOL all it has to be is along the lines of the old newspapers, as Rock suggested...

all the best to Jan and you!
  4. HRNsotherhalf

HRNsotherhalf New Member

Hello all.

Jan is doing well, and should be transferred out of the ICU tonight or tomorrow morning.

During the second surgery, they had to pump her full of fluids to keep her BP up. Needless to say, she was quite bloated when she got to the ICU.. (17 liters to be exact) So it is taking some time for her to transform back to herself from the Pillsbury dough boy look ....She misses you all, and hopes to be able to post here again in the in the next day or soon as she can move her fingers again... which are quite swollen at this time. I may have to type for her, but I told her that I do not do spell checking for her, nor will filter anything she says in her drug induced

They took her off the vent yesterday morning ( yes, they let me power it off...LOL..Just kidding) and they removed her NG tube today... she can now drink clear fluids,and is longing for a BK Whopper or anything with flavor.

They will be keeping her for a few days, until they remove the drain. She is in good spirits, and will "Hold court" with friends that want to see her tomorrow... right now, she just needs rest.

I'll update as things progress

Thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts... I am printing them out so she can read them tomorrow

I have to say, that the ICU nurses are some of the best have ever met. They are a true credit to their profession, and have taken fantastic care of her.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

or am I confused - did she have 2 in one day or another one since Thursday?

Please let Jan know that we're all thinking of her.......... I'm sure she can't wait til she can go home, poor thing. I am so happy she's doing well in recovery. I hope it's smooth sailing from here on.

all the best,

6. spacee

spacee Member

Yes, Victoria, they did have to open HRN back up. It is in a post somewhere. With the reply
    buttons not operating, we are in a state of confiscugation (quoting Rock).

Bless her heart. In nursing school we had to practice putting those NG (nasal gastric) tubes
    down each other. I hope she was asleep when they did it. And what blessed relief to get
    it out.

HRNsOther...tell her about our reply button problem...wouldn't it happen the night before
    the surgery. But that we have all been thinking and hoping the best for her.

Did the doc ever say what he found? I reckon HRN will post about that herself.

The body can bounce back amazingly once you get the proper fluids back in...thankfully.

Tell her that I will go and have the BK Whopper for her....yes, I am just that kind of
    friend! haha. Well our stove, sink and dishwasher aren't working so we have to eat
    sandwiches or go somewhere.

Had a tired start this am but bout a hour after the morning meds....I was better. Probably
    all the uppers! Enada, Ultram (makes me more awake) and the B-12. And let's not forget
    the diet coke (that I usually don't drink until 4pm).

Fay, where are you? It isn't like you to be away.

I am going to make this our official 34th about that!

Son's interview went well. Now to Boston to teach a class and meet with entire
    faculty...who will vote..yay or nay for him. No pressure.

Love you my dear gang!

7. victoria

victoria New Member

I missed that post, do you know which one it's on?

And good luck to your son. Sometimes pressure helps people excel - ?

Maybe you should re-title this post, if you haven't already - I already can't remember what it read LOL... at least not til I hit submit and see it!

buenos noches,
  8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Thank-you for the news otherhalf.Sounds like she's doing better.I don't like BK's so go for it Spacee.Take one for the team.Let me know if she craves Wendy's I want to be there for her too.
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

I'd be happy to volunteer for Starbucks for a mocha frappucino, hehehe...

10. spacee

spacee Member

volunteer for to help HRN. I really like a McD's coke if I have to be out. It has to have more caffeinen it than regular cokes. Just the thought of it makes me 'need' one. But I'll do that
    for HRN in a heartbeat.

HRN's OtherHalf's post in on the last thread, second page, 5th post down. They had to open
    her back up to stop a 'bleed'. (That's medical jargon I am throwing around!)

There is a 2nd post somewhere about the BK' desires. Did you read that? I'll go
    find it in a minute. Ok, I am back. I feel really stupid. It is one the first
    page of THIS thread. Duh. Did you miss it....haha

Two kinds of people in the world. Those who talk first thing when they get up and those that
    don't. I am a diehard...don't talk to me. Always have been. DH has suddenly decided to
    skip over that 'rule'. Yikes! You know that isn't going well. Of course, it is lunch time when I
    get up...but the 'rule' still applies!

Ok, Sweeties I am going to accomplish the cleaning of the bathroom today and possibly some straightening up. My "Mother's helper" is coming tomorrow.

That is the exact reason why I need her to come. The adrenaline flows and I get something done. It used to be for the pest control guy every month but then we
    changed to one who says she comes every three months but in reality it is 6 months. I love her!

So what we were paying for pest control, I can get help around her. Is that not
    a win/win!

Love you kids,

11. spacee

spacee Member

Tell Jan to keep a listing going of what she craves and we will be glad to help her out by
    eating/drinking it for her!

I sure hope she is continuing to improve!!

Love you,

12. bct

bct Active Member

Question: Is this the Lounge? I think it might be, so will post.

Have been literally off-line for a few days; phone system in my part of the county malfunctioned, so no internet for me. No interweb. After the first 12 hrs. it wasn't so scary, and after the second day, my addiction was gone!

Well, it's back now, and addiction will follow, probably.

Nice day yesterday here in Humboldt Co., Calif. I did some weed-eating, burned up 1'st weed-eater in three mins. and wrassled with the second one for half an hour in vain. Well, I calculate that I trimmed 15 square ft. At this rate I should be done three or four years from now!

HRN: Sorry for your time of difficulty; hope you will soon be home and happy.

Spacee: I checked your profile and saw that you have been a member of this board since '02! WOW! I thought I was an old-timer (class of '03).

Rock, Elaine, Carla, Jole, Fay, Teacher, Lydia, Springwater, Bill (camo), Bill (mad), Granni, Pippi, and all un-named and lurkers, blessings.

that Jan is doing well..I wanted to post but that darn "reply" button was nowhere to be found the other evening and I ended up doing a whole new post!!

I am sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery!

OtherHalf, thanks for keeping us updated on Jan's recovery....

.....MMMMMM, did someone mention Burger King?

14. victoria

victoria New Member

Barry there are other oldies... now that you've outed Spacee, I'll out myself... I predate her by about a half year... but there are some other 'oldies' still here that I think are even older. which says a lot.

Glad you got your internet back. I was without internet for most of a 6 month period after moving to MX, missed it 75% of the time. While the addiction was lessening, it took all of 24 hours to come back in full. WHY? It is DEFINITELY better than TV and english books are scarce.

Maybe try hedge clippers?

Hope everybody's ok... not sure that it's obvous that this has become the new loungers thread tho... the last part doesn't show on the message board page. Well, at least not on my screen.

buenos tardes,
  15. spacee

spacee Member

I hope. It has been a confusing week or so.

Glad you got your internet back Barry. And 15 sq ft of weed eating done. That is frustrating.
    DH doesn't like to take the two that we have to get fixed. I can understand why...the location
    of the place makes it terribly hard to find. But someone put me on to it.

Which is how I found the indoor heated pool for $2 a day. About May 1st it ought to be pretty
    nice. The pool is at a campground next to the weedeater shop. How convenient.

A friend of years ago asked me to her home to lunch with a couple of ladies I do not know.
    She has just (1) declared bankruptcy (2) spent $200 on flowers and spiffed up her patio and
    (3) is a fabulous cook. Any ideas of something I could take as a little hostess gift? Not a plant, I am thinking. I am absolutely the worst at stuff like this.

Ok, I will bow to Victoria being the oldest member of PH of this group. I joined it just in time.
    I was taking Kutapressin and they stopped making it. If it had not been for this site, I would not have found Transfer Factors. Which I have quit taking after all these years.

And I would not have found you kids. You are the best! I am giving Barry A+ at the name
    remembering. I remember the posts better than the names.

Does anyone watch the flowers on QVC. They seem so goreous. I bet I could kill them within
    a week....sadly. They are amazing. Dahia's are on right now. They are shipped as little 2 inch
    plants and grow about 5 feet or more.

I do have a couple of extra machete's since it is apparent Jose isn't coming back...anyone need? Glad to share!

Nite nite, my dear friends.

Love you,

16. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

You got me to wondering how long I've been on here but no I'm a newbie at 2005.

I'm thinking I need to put a pic up.Do any of you?I never read histories anymore since the last time the board changed but I will if you have a pic to put with our chats.My attention span is really bad.

Jolee and Fay where are you.Pumpkin and Rock wake up time to post.

Glad to hear from Barry.I'm happy not to have to do the weedwacking I could really do some damage with that thing.

Nice out today.Trying to slowly get the summer clothes out.Winter ones are on the closet floor so maybe next I'll pull the summer bin out.We'll see how far I get today.Everything in stages works best for me to keep up.

17. spacee

spacee Member

Are you all sleeping in? You are getting a bad reputation as lay abouts!

Sue on the other board has an infectious disease doc trying her on azt. That is one
    of the earliest HIV drugs and it has been shown to keep xmrv from replicating.
    She is 25-30% better. She was bedridden and suicidal.

That is the medical lesson for the day.

Good grief. Jose, the yardman did show up at 9:30am and the plumber right after
    to install the faucets.

They didn't catch me at my best. Remember the curlers? I'm beyond caring about
    stuff like that, thankfully. I am more worried that I feel like I could fall dead asleep
    before they leave.

That is a great idea to do your clothes in stages. Do you use any of those space
    saving bags? I have some blankets in those.

Nite all, I mean, morning all!

18. spacee

spacee Member

I forgot to say that I do not know how to up load a pic. My twin took one of me in August
    when we had our 60th birthday. It is on Facebook. She has the pic.

There must be something wrong with my son's camera cause I don't look as good
    in his pics (rofl) and he rarely takes them.

I don't go in the Chat Room cause my brain doesn't think that fast :(

19. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Hope you all had a great weekend. The sun was shining and it was 63 degees. Paul watched the masters. Golf usually puts me to sleep.

Jan you are still in my prayers. I hope you have a speedy recovery. We miss you sweetie pie.

I have been feeling anxious. I went on sevella and it really did not work for me bad reaction. Now i am back on Cymbalta for over 3 weeks. I still feel anxious but not like before with savella. I have generic klonipin and i have taken more lately than i would like with doctors instructions. I wonder how long it takes to get the savella out of my system?

Pam i finally did wake up after the masters. How are you feeling? I hope you are not overdoing.

Vic I will meet you at Starbucks and have a scone for Jan

JB have you made it to Burger king yet?

Hi Bary good to see you. Do you think California will vote to legalize pot? They need the money and it would be great revenue. It would also get rid of dealers and lower crime rate
    in my humble opinion.

I really appreciate all of you.
    Big Hugs
  20. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I don't have any save spacer bags.Just a bin and I did get the summer stuff hung up.I took a shortcut and lifted the out instead of laying them out on the bed and sorting through,emptying drawers and such.If I forgot anything I'll deal with it later.

I didn't mean I could load my pic in.I'd have to get my son.No I see none of you have pics up.On Facebook I have my dog.Maybe not a good idea.I was going to tell my BIL about Message Boards.He is on disability and has a seizure disorder.He doesn't understand computers real well but he's so bored and lonely.He's in a nearby town.I couldn't bring myself to tell him about this one.Privacy issues I think.