HRT and symptom relief.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeniwren, Mar 26, 2003.

1. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

I'm not sure if this is relevant to anyone else, but I have recently changed my HRT to Ogen 1.25 and this is up to 3 times the dose of anything else I've been prescribed over the past 11-12 years. It has helped with my moods and brain-fog as well as some of my pain.

I had really sore breasts for the first 6 weeks, so sore that I was thinking about stopping it. I'm glad now that I persevered, because I feel heaps better. I am in no way "cured", but I am more mobile. I guess sometimes you need to keep going for there to be any benefits.

Jeni
  2. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

Bump!!!!
  3. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

Hrt is such a minefield...as is menopause. I know that while upping the dose has worked for me it won't necessarily work for other women, however I think people need to be aware that menopause can aggrevate the symptoms of FMS and CFS.
  4. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I was SUCH a mess before I started HRT! I'm STILL a mess, but for different reasons. Getting hormonal balance, though, was a REALLY big one, and alleviated many of the symptoms I had attributed to FMS - outrageous mood swings being at the top of the list. Now, I'm just mellow, and even keeled. Takes a bunch of stress to get me to blow my cookies these days!

Glad you were able to find something to help you. One little baby step at a time, and we MAY just conquer this dread illness.

pax,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I gained a ton of weight on HRT and so have switched to the natural over-the-counter mother hormone, Pregnenolone. This has restored my estrogen to premenopausal levels with no side-effects except elevated DHEA, but more importantly, it has helped my mood. I have been a cranky, hair-trigger temper type ever since the big "M", and it really helps with that.
    Klutzo
  6. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

7. coyote

coyote New Member

My FM got worse as I was going through Menopause. i thought it would be a breeze, but was I wrong. One of my friends is having no M symptoms, but I was walking around drenched in my clothes, irritable, snappy. After trying several HRTs I finally found one that gets rid of most of the hotflashes. Someone told me I would "feel better" emotionally, I guess, but that hasn't been the case. It's hard to know sometimes where symptoms from one chronic condition end and others start.
    Mostly so irritable I can't stand myself.!!!!!!
    Oh, well, gotta keep going the best we can.