HS-C-Reactive Protein for Madwolf, Sujay Or Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KathiM, Aug 26, 2003.

1. KathiM

KathiM New Member

I have "AnOTHER" question ........

I was given the blood order for the High sensitive c-reactive protein and am just wondering what the differenc eis between just the regular one and that one????

Also just what does C-Reactive Protein measure ???
    More than hearT problems???? I know it is an inflammation marker and I have suspected MCTD/LUPUS is it used for that also.....

Mine was REAL high by the way !!!!! 10.0

Most everyting you read points to heart etc ......but somewhere thought I was told different.??? WHo knows it could be the mind-fog.

Thanks in advance.....
    Kathim
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I have had the same test and was at 10 also which is very high. I did ask Madwolf the same question long ago when first got the results of this test. He did tell me that this is an inflamation marker that is just another tool that they use. Anytime you have inflamation in your body you will test positive for this. My doctor was not concerened about the high crp because my other markers for heart problems were low- cholesterol was low, blood pressure
    good. My CRP test results also had printed on it to retest again because high results could be caused from chronic inflammatory dieses. Go figure! I have started taking low dose asprin and also bromelaine to help with the inflamation. Will be interesting to see what Madwolf has to say. What a guy!
    Judy
  3. KathiM

KathiM New Member

Bumping for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  4. healing

healing New Member

that since I'm so obviously inflammed anyway, there's no point in doing it. *Of course* I'll have a high score!
  5. sujay

sujay New Member

I really have nothing to add at this point. CRP is interesting, but we don't yet know enough about it to do much with this information yet. Please keep asking questions; we may not have all the answers, but we need to keep pushing the boundaries of knowledge. Who knows which direction will yield the richest rewards?