Hubbies first night under CPAP machine.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KYRock, Oct 8, 2002.

1. KYRock

KYRock New Member

I think it will take me longer to get used to it as him.
    He has been DXed with severe sleep apnea and the doctor ordered the CPAP. I don't sleep good anyway and it's going to take me awhile I think. But he's not SNORING. lol
  2. KYRock

KYRock New Member

I think it will take me longer to get used to it as him.
    He has been DXed with severe sleep apnea and the doctor ordered the CPAP. I don't sleep good anyway and it's going to take me awhile I think. But he's not SNORING. lol
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Dear Kyrock...I came acrossed your posting and had to laugh. My boyfriend also has severe sleep apena. 2 years ago he found out, he used his machine for 1 week and hasn't used it since. I always tease him about all the dust that piles up on it. He has lost 23 pounds due to diabetes, he really doesn't snore much anymore. Good luck on getting sleep! Atleast your man will be rested and will be happier! Maybe we should try it! At this point I'd try anything to get a good night's sleep. queenbee69
  4. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Hi KYRock,
    You are definitely right about it taking you awhile to get used to his machine. I think my husband's machine bothers me more than his snoring did. It wakes me up all the time. It makes this weird noise sometimes and once I'm awake I don't go back to sleep very easily.
    On the other hand, now, when he doesn't use it and he snores it really bothers me so I'll take the machine anytime.
    He's been using his for about 6 weeks now and he does feel better. He doesn't sleep during the day now but he still sleeps 10 to 12 hours at night. He isn't as irritable either.
    Where are you from? I thought maybe from your name that you were from Kentucky. That's where I live.
    Anyway, I hope the machine helps your husband as much as it has mine.

Sapphire