Hubby and I need prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lilaclover30, May 12, 2009.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

My dear one has been in a nearby nursing home since Sept. and i go out to see him every day and call him on his cell AM and PM.

I had taken him clothes for Sun. as he planned to go to church with me for Mother's Day. He called me about 7:30 a.m. and said he was ill. Son and I went to dinner after church and came home for him to do some chores I had for him. After son left I went out to see my dear one----he was semi-conscious!!! No fever - not the flu.

Yesterday Mon. the NH called an ambulance as he was still in the same as I had last seen him. Went to Dr. for CATscan, waited on cart for 1 1/2 hr. to see the Dr. who said he had so many things wrong that he needed to be sent to a hospital 50 mi. away for possible surgery - he is 84!

i went home to get his cards - I had been calling friends and family all the while we waited. A dear friend said he would take me down. When we got to his room the surgeon said no to surgery. Tests were begun. I went home as at 10:00 p.m. I had nothing for supper.

Church prayer chain was begun. Today, at kids' insistance, I stayed home as I was exhausted!~!!!! Kept in touch by phone. Still sleeping but resting easily.

i must take it day by day! He told me, while barely conscience, that he didn't want to die! That tears you up!

i must go just day by day. i DON'T KNOW WHAT TOMORROW MAY BRING.

I need the prayers of all of you dear friends - for recovery to some degree and for me ----strength.

Gentle Hugs to all,

Lilac
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's been rough on you the last year and half, since I joined pro-health. I wish it would get better for you and your husband soon.

budmickl
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am so so sorry this is happening to you. This must be devestating to you and your family.

I am sending out extra healing thoughts for you and your family.

Keep us updated but only when you are up to it as you need to conserve your energy for yourself and family right now.

Take care.

gap
  4. jole

jole Member

Prayers are certainly going up for you and your dear hubby, for strength and comfort to see you through whatever lies ahead.

You have been so strong and faithful in your visits, etc. I'm sure you have been of much comfort and companionship to him since he became ill. I also hope you have had someone to comfort you in return.....

Please take care of yourself....these DDs take a toll on everyone, and I know you haven't felt the greatest yourself for quite some time. I'm sure your family will be able to help you during this time as much as possible. And don't hesitate to lean on all your friends here when needed, okay?

Love and prayers***Jole***

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your letting us know about your situation. So sorry to hear about DH taking a bad turn . I know you must be worried sick. Please do continue to let us know how he is doing. Our prayers are with you my dear.

Julie - Thanks also for moving the post over to the PORCH. We all do want to know how they both are doing. I thought of the same thing you did but am not sure how to do it.

Love,

Granni
  6. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Lilac, I am so sorry to hear of this fearful time that you are going through right now. I will pray for your strength. I will pray for your husband to be at peace with himself, and with what the drs. want to do with him. I will pray that the drs. will find the cause of this problem, and be able to do what is best for him. Yes, one day at a time. Keep talking with the Lord, he knows what you need, you will feel of his love.
    Gentle hugs to you, Cynthia
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Joining in prayers for your dear husband - for the best treatment. And for God to saturate him with His perfect love. He loves your husband with such great love.

Lifting you up in prayer for each day, and each part of the day. May our Lord give you His own strength in your weakness and need. And His peace and reassurance in the midst of trouble. Asking this in His Holy name. Amen

Blessings,
    Judy

[This Message was Edited on 05/13/2009]
  8. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Dear Lilac, through all this, you are showing a picture of God's love to others and they witness your constant love for your husband, and your willingness to be faithful in your care.

What a cost to you! But, I know the Lord will stand by you with the same loyalty you are providing for your husband.

Your Christian friends will pray for your strength and ability to take it day by day.

From what I have read, now and before, your husband would love you the same way, if you were the stricken one and he the caregiver.

I think that is a wonderful example of a good marriage.

I am praying as soon as I finish typing, Bless you and your family for the loyalty you are showing, one to the other.

Jana1
  9. soulight

soulight New Member

Dear Lilac,

Please know that you and your husband are in my prayers and that you both will have peace no matter what may come next. I also pray for great strength to get through.

Holly
  10. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Lilac, sending prayers for your husband and you. Please, please take care of yourself because you are important too. Hugs.
  11. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Sending out prayers for both you and your dear husband.

Blessings,
    Deb
  12. springwater

springwater Active Member

So sorry to hear of this....and sending up prayers for your dear one...and for you and the rest of the family...keep strong

God Bless