hubby got layed off yesterday..has til december

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by mamafurr, Jul 25, 2003.

1. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

well we have been watching robert's company slowly downsizing. and yesterday he got the dreaded talk. he has been there 3 1/2 yrs and is a very dedicated employee so this was difficult for his boss and his co-workers. every one is on eggshells. so sad this is happening to others as well.

we pray the Lord has other plans for us. obviously. but we just bought this house, our first, 1 1/2 yrs ago. the positive thing is when he applies for unemployment, i can apply for disability. hopefully we will manage. thinking of applying for the disability next week, explaining his last day in december and received his notice.

thanking you in advance for your prayers.
    especially for robert's strength. he is such a compassionate man and is worried for cody and me. he gets panic attacks and migraines. i just want the poor man to have some peace of mind :).

love
    alice

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will agree with you and Linda, lets pray for a better job, and his health too.

When one door closes, the Lord will always open another for us.

You take care, and will be all be praying for both of you.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

you all don't know how much it means to me that you are praying for us. i know we are not as bad off as most, and sometimes feel not to post. you are the world to me you wonderful women (oh and men).:) here.

in Christ who i love with all my heart
    :)
    +
    alice

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this. The economy is horrible right now and so many are being laid off. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Love, Mikie
  5. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

These are the times when our faith is really tested, and we grow the most too. I pray that He brings you both so much peace that you neither suffer w/your health due to the lay-off. I know He has something else lined up for you...as Shirl said when one door closes He always opens another. Father, in the name of Jesus...please encourage Alice and Robert and lighten their burdens, lift their hearts Lord.
    Amen. love and peace, Rebel