Hubby has a leg problem, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, May 25, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I first thought he was having sciatica because he has back problems and now the pain is running down his leg. But today he says that his leg (at the thigh) is hot to the touch but not swollen.

It is numb, but burns, which I know is nerve pain and now he knows what I mean when I say that the place on my thigh is numb AND itches AND hurts when I try to scratch it! LOL

Sympathy comes in many forms...

Anyway, I am worried about the heat and tried to find something on the internet, then though of all of you since we all have alot of unwanted medical knowledge!

We are going out of town tomorrow to the race in Charlotte and won't be back until Monday afternoon so I worry about that too since I would like to get him to the doc.

Any words of wisdom are much appreciated as usual.

Sonya
  2. tlayne

tlayne Member

Could it be a blood clot?? If so, this is very dangerous. Please call your dr and talk to the nurse. If they think it could be a blood clot they will fit him in to be seen. I hope he gets better. Hugs, Tam
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

but I don't know if he can get in before we go or not.
  4. tlayne

tlayne Member

Call & describe the symptoms to the nurse. Trust me no matter how busy they are they can fit him in. I am not saying this is a blood clot, but it very well could be. This is something that the dr. would not want to mess around with. He might send him to the hospital for a Doplar scan after hearing the symptoms. I hope all goes well for you. I am sending a prayer & a hug, Tam
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

pain going down the leg can becaused by a disk problem.Does the pain feel like he has hit his crazy bone,kinda like a none stop electrical burn?It could be a slip disk I would get an xray