Hubbys, gotta Love em

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Mine is pretty understanding, after years of real turmoil that is.
    Once I was dx with the FMS, and he read up on it, he started treating me different.

I still get the urge to strangle him sometimes, but then he'll turn around and do something nice.

This morning,as my DH and I was talking, I was also sorting laundry, I bent over a hamper, and my neck made a Huge Poping sound, and my Dh's eyes got huge.
    He said it looked like my head was going to fall off.

It sure felt like it was going to, and now I have a huge headache.

He has started to help me with loading and unloading the washer and dryer, and he is figuring a way to lower the cabinets so they are lower, and easier to reach.

I have had Spinal Surgery on the C7, back in 92or93, and they did a laminmonectay (sp is off I know)
    They removed the disc and also Tore my rotator cuff.

I had to have more surgerys, to repair the cuff, and that made for some complications.
    So now, I have discs, C3/4/5/6 that are collapsing and the Neruosurgen will not operate, because he is afarid I will come out worse than what I am now.

So, I have to face some hard truths, I need to change the way I do things, so that there are less oppurtines, for my neck to Pop like that.

I was told the chances were good that I would end up in a wheelchair, so now the DH is drawing up plans for the kitchen.

I did make him swear tho, that any Project he starts He Must finish, lol.

He's of the Tool Time Schooling, in fact he was Tims best Student, and even managed to out do Tim at times,

I just need to feel sorta sorry for myself, as this is scary, but also to point out, that Some Husbands can change, and be more Supportive, given time, and also understanding on our part.

Time for my Hot Pack and a movie, he's off to see, "Open Season" or "Flicker", because he is taking the GKs so everyone can have a rest for a few hours.
    It's the only time he can go to the Show's, I avoid crowds as much as possible.

Wheww, got gabby, but really needed to get that off my mind.

Plus the Sore in my nose is getting runny again, so I will have to go and see the ENT again.
    I'm gonna Hide those durn Qtips tho.

sharonk
  2. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Sounds like you've got a great husband and it does sound like your going to have to change around your kitchen etc to suit your spinal problems. WOW, that popping sound does not sound very good at all????? Am sorry to hear they can't operate again.

Know what you mean about the sore in the nose, they are just SO annoying. not to mention they don't look to attractive when running!!

Well good luck with the DIY, you might need it if he is from tim the toolmans class!!!!!!!!! My hubbys a bit the same, starts things but DOES NOT finish them!!
  3. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Sharonk,

Yes it is good that you have a hubby who helps you all he can.

And does renervations too !!! WOW!!

When we had our house,whatever,WHATEVER, had to be done we had to get someone in to do it.I tried the best I could,and got handy at a lot.

But it held no interest for him.So you are a fortunate woman.

I am so sorry about the discs in your neck.So sorry that surgery wont repair it,without major risk to you.:>(

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  4. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

I thank the Lord, every night for my husband (even before I got sick, I knew what a treasure he was).

He's quiet, so you often don't even know if he is really listening...and I do have a habit of yammering on and on!
    But maybe the next day or next week, you can bet that whatever problem I'm having, if he can fix it he will.

I was complaining that it hurts my neck and shoulders to even fasten my bra in the back. He didn't say anything, but 2 days later here he comes with a front hooking bra! He calls it a "front loader!"....what a wonderful man.
    ............Jill..............