HUGE Flare any advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Feb 28, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Hi All,
    Today I went into the Advanced Pain Management clinic and had a diagnostic test done to see if it would be successful. They did a set of 4 injections into the back of my neck at the cerivcal level C2 & C3. I've had these injections before but this time they hurt like H#LL. I am suppose to have so much more relief at the base of my skull from the headaches and I must say it is helping the headache but it did put me into a HUGE flare. Like I said this is just the test and not the real deal...the radiofrequency nerve ablation is scheduled for March 20.

I'm taking my Vicodin and laying low and I am starting to feel a bit better. But man, I go in March 20 for the real thing and I'm getting a bit scared at this point. I guess I will call the clinic tomorrow and discuss what happened and see if I would still benefit.

Well back to my ice pack on my neck where they did the injections. I have found this helps the next day with pain at the injection site.
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Thank goodness for Vicodin, huh? May I ask what exactly they injected into your neck? I'm needing cortisone shots in my hips and shoulders. Last time I got a shoulder done, dr didn't get it in the exact right spot so it didn't work. Very painful.

Hope you can rest and feel better.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

I really Hope your feeling better by Now!,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the flare, Monica. Sometimes it seems that we can't win for losing. But do take heart and call your doctor to discuss your reaction.

Meanwhile, rest, rest, rest. And then rest some more. This is not something to try to push through, even by being online.