Hugs4everyone and Mystic I SAID NO

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hey there Hugs and Mystic!

Just wanted you to know I said NO!

I went to a carving rondevous on Friday and Saturday in a town about an hours drive away. I drove down both days because it wasn't worth the money to stay there.

I took two carving seminars on Friday and took one and taught one on Saturday.

Saturday night when I got home, around 9, my DH listened to me rattle on about what fun I had and then said he wanted to go fishing on Sunday. I said I wouldn't be able to go because I was just too tired. He seemed a little put out, but didn't comment and went to bed.

I woke up on Sunday with a migraine, got up at 5:30, took the dogs out and then fed them, took migraine meds and went back to bed. I got up at 8:30 and ate and went back to bed by 9:30. Woke up at 2:00. Took more med, ate, and went back to bed about 3:30. Got up at 10:30 pm, took more med and went back to bed until this morning.

That was exactly what I needed!

DH didn't go fishing, but not because I didn't go. The wind was blowing pretty hard here and it would have been much worse where he wanted to fish.

So I just wanted you to know how proud you should be of me!

Still don't feel too hot this morning and I'm still really tired, but I'm at work and I probably wouldn't have been if I'd gone fishing yesterday!

Thanks for your encouragement the last time, when I didn't say no. You helped me so much this time!

Choose joy!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/11/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

for you, GB!

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Not only am I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you, but you should be proud of yourself too!!!

We need to learn to listen to our bodies, pay attention and treat them well. Saying no is a big step in doing this.

The world didn't end, the roof didn't fall through and no one suffered any lasting affects when you said no to doing something you were too tired to do.

I'm just sorry you spent the day with a migraine...

Nancy B
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I knew you'd be impressed! I was!

Now if I could just get over this headache. It was a little better yesterday but really bad this morning. I took the Maxalt but I'm not sure I should take the Fiorinal while I'm at work. If it isn't better after lunch I will have to go get a shot but at least my boss will be out for the rest of the week so he won't be freaking out while I'm gone.

Choose joy!