Hurt all the time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Apr 23, 2010.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Does everyone hurt all the time, but just to different levels of pain?

I find that I hurt all the time, but it just seems to be different pain levels. Mine can be very bad for days, but some days I have had lesser pain, but its still there.

For the most part its under control somewhat with my pain meds. Somedays the pain meds dont even touch the pain.

I think my fatigue is what is harder to control. Still have not found anything that helps with the fatigue.

I have heard that there are some with fibro that actually have days where they dont hurt, is that possible?

I think mine might be the diabetic neuropathy on top of the fibro that makes mine so bad, but I wanted to see what others are experiencing.

Thanks, Julie

2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I hurt all the time. There is never a day that I dont hurt somewhere and like you said some days are worse than others. I wear a fentanyl patch for the pain and some days it doesnt even phase it. I also have chronic fatigue and you are right it is harder for me than dealing with pain. My kids call me lazy because they dont understand the lack of energy that comes with the fatigue.

I just wanted you to know that your not alone on this wild ride that we call fibro.

3. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Yeah.. Doesnt seem to matter.. even on good days.. there is at least a low level of pain.. Then if I get a few days like that and then go into a flareup.. It seems really unbearable.
    I cant take anything for it other then Ibruprofen.. I've tried a few meds and I cant take them.. The one I litterally passed out from it.. My Husband at the time.. He threw the meds out and said.. Dont take the &*(*&^*^ things anymore.. It scared us all really bad.. so.. every since then and then being alone now.. I don't dare to take anything because of the side effects.
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I hurt all the time, too....have several pain related diagnoses, though, not just fibro (I don't mean that "just" fibro is no big deal or anything - not downplaying it at all....just saying that my constant pain may be attributed to more than the fibro so it is hard to know if my fibro pain is constant or not)