Hurt my shoulder

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Jun 18, 2003.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Seems like I pull a muscle with the least effort. I was making the bed the other morning and I heard a crackling sound and pain in my shoulder. It's slowly getting better but I don't have alot of strength in my right arm as the muscles still feel sore. Are we prone to muscle injury easier than usual with FM?
    Tania
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, I would say we are more prone to muscle injury than normal people.

Like you, I have a sleigh bed in my library, with that high curved back on it. If I am not careful when I change it, I will put myself in the bed with sore pulled muscles for days.

Use a strong rub, and a heating pad for it now. It should be alright in a few more days.

I think its Dr. Pellergino who says to 'keep your arms at home' when you are doing any kind of labor (close to your sides). It is a hard habit to get into, but it beats pulling those muscles.

Do not reach up too quickly either, you will get the same pain you have now. I keep footstools in closets, pantry,library, etc. I had both shoulders hurt for months from pulling the muscles reaching up too quickly arranging books on the shelves.

Take care, and hope you feel better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

It's coming along. I did ice the first day even though I was yearning for heat. Then came heavy rubs with BenGay at night and the heating pad by day. I hate being this fragile. It's seems that I don't stretch and exercise my arms, always in the fear of getting like a costo chondritis type pain in the sternum. On the other hand, by not stretching these muscles I injure myself. Can't win!!!!
    Thanks for being there for me,
    Tania