HURT went to see Chiropractor today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Jul 13, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi all, I went to see the chiro today- finally could not take this pain- the knots and pains in the neck was getting unbearable- I had to feel out alot of paperwork since I have not seen him in Years....... Anyways I told him I had polio as a child and all the goings on for last few years, blah blah- he wanted to know how long my neck had been like this.. I told him a few years or so BUT this last year everything came to a halt pretty much-

What a cutie this guy is- he told me I was in bad shape(no kiddin') - did some work on me, put me on the warm water jets- I almost fell asleep- at the end I was hurting worse(which I know will take some doing to get the muscles and joints in shape-if it can be done)

Kept saying why did you wait sooo long- I said stubborn and stupid I guess... Anyways he said it could be fibro- that is hard to dx- which I know.

Just wanted to get some relief- so got home took a Xanax, ice on my neck and laid down- now I am up took a muscle relaxer and sitting at this computer with bag of frozen beans on my back- falling asleep.

Thanks for listening, kinda getting goofey- I see him again in 2 weeks- so we will see if he can make me feel even 20% better - I will take it.

Peace
    Janet
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

HI Janet,

I sure hope going to the chiropractor helps you over time.

It would be so wonderful not to have tight muscles huh!

My shoulder and neck muscles stay so tight they feel like rocks, not part of the human body.(as i'm sure yours do also)

I went to a chiropractor a COUPLE YRS AGO I WENT for 8 VISITS IT MADE ME SO MUCH WORSE I HAD TO STOP GOING I WENT FOR AS LONG AS I COULD AND THOUGHT FORGET IT, BUT I'LL TRY ANYTHING FOR EVEN A MINUTE OF RELIEF,(won't we all!) I HAVE'NT FOUND ANYTHING SO FAR BUT I'M NOT STOPPING TIL I DO.

Well i really hope it helps you i wish you better health and lots of happiness. Take care. Tammy

3. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Tam;

thanks for the reply- I'm not sure he will help but it is a start- just hope it doesn't get worse- this is all I can afford at this time, and like you said any relief is better than none- today it feels like a rock back there, but I have kinda been taking it easy.

I know what a rock feels like and it is not fun.... I didn't realize the back of your neck was so important well I knew BUT didn't know so we will see.

Take Care
    Janet