hurting in a warmer climate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jodirck, Oct 12, 2002.

1. jodirck

jodirck New Member

Recently I flew from Ohio to Las Vegas. I've had fibro for years and this trip never bothered me. However this time I was amazed at how I hurt in a warmer dryer climate. Can anyone give me a reason why I'd ache more when this was to be a fun trip? Was it the change of environment, the flight, the dryer climate? I'm clueless.
  2. jodirck

jodirck New Member

Recently I flew from Ohio to Las Vegas. I've had fibro for years and this trip never bothered me. However this time I was amazed at how I hurt in a warmer dryer climate. Can anyone give me a reason why I'd ache more when this was to be a fun trip? Was it the change of environment, the flight, the dryer climate? I'm clueless.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am guessing, but in general, any change in your usual routine, even a fun one, can cause a flare-up. The more boring and similar your days are the better.
    I've never heard anyone complain that a drier place made them hurt more. Some are bothered by heat though. I used to only be bothered by cold, but since menopause, the heat now bothers me too. Almost all of us dislike humidity.
    I have trouble just going across the state I live in to see relatives, because they eat meals much later than we do, and love noisy restaurants which drive my blood pressure up. They just don't understand my sensitivity to noise. All that riding in a car doesn't help either. I hope you managed to have a good time anyway.
    Klutzo
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

Jodirck, I agree with klutzo, a warm and dry climate is of benefit, but a warm and humid environment is not. May be it was the plane ride, etc. Our symptoms change so often that it is very hard to understand what all of a sudden gives us a problem where before we felt great.
    I am sure, other members are experiencing the same problems, nothing is ever the same for very long with CFS/FM. Take care, Lucky
  5. jetmek

jetmek New Member

Hi I'm from buffalo butIm ststioned in sunny7 Florida I find that i ache just as bad here as i do up north I swell and spasm so i dont know if the climate affects it that much . I know though when im on a plane the pressure difference did affect my pain level and i did experience more swelling to the point that i needed help pulling off my braces im glad i didnt fly alone haha. Just hang in there
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

i never have flares except in hot weather. winter doesn't bother me at all. i don't know why this is. except maybe because i'm so sensitive to the heat here on the gulf coast. i sweat buckets and get so sick. cindi