HURTING IN AN UNUSUAL PLACE; JUST STARTED RECENTLY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Sep 11, 2005.

1. nje

nje New Member

WELL JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU`VE DISCOVERED EVERY PLACE ON YOUR BODY THAT HURTS(WHICH FOR ME IS MOST OF IT) I STARTED AROUND 2 WEEKS AGO,STRANGE SHOOTING PAINS RIGHT UNDER MY LEFT BREAST,NOT THE BREAST BUT THE BONE RIGHT UNDER IT SO TODAY IT WAS REALLY HURTING A LOT, IT COMES AND GOES,SO I FELT AROUND UNDER THERE AND FOUND A VERY SORE TENDER SPOT ON THE CHEST BONE. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE WEIRD AREAS WHERE THEY DISCOVER NEW TENDER SPOTS? I GUESS THATS WHAT IT IS. I AM SUPPOSE TO GO TO MY NEUROLOGIST TOMORROW ABOUT MY NUMB TOES,AND I`LL TELL HIM ABOUT IT. I CAN`T WIN FOR LOSING,WOKE UP ONE MORNING OUT OF THE BLUE WITH NUMB TOES,NOW THIS? WONDER WILL BE NEXT? I`D REALLY APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS WEIRDNESS. IF I WAS A HORSE THEY`D DONE SHOT ME,LOL GLAD I`M NOT!!!
    ((((((( HUGS TO FELLOW SUFFERERS))))
    NJE
  2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi NJE:

Well if I were a horse too, I would have been shot ages ago. lol.

What you are experiencing with your left under breast, I am experiencing it with my right. I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck this tenderness, shooting strange pain is but the whole breastbone is very tender. You would think I were a chicken!!

I am about to make an appointment with my Gyn cuase I thought, hmmm this might be serious, but now that you say you have the same thing I cant help but wonder if its another FM tender point! Good grief, when will it ever end.

Let me know what your doc says and I will let you know what my doc says.

I also have numb toes and numb hands. I am afriad one of these days I am going to go all numb and won't be able to find myself. Hee Hee.

Well at least we have a sense of humor about it.

God Bless and good luck.

Hugs,
    Francey
  3. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

I absolutely cannot believe that this question has been posted! I was going to post one for the exact same problem! Last week, for no apparent reason, I started having pain under my left breast, but kind of on the upper ribcage area. It is so tender there and even wearing a bra is painful. I thought of seeing my Dr. but thought that I would give it a few more days. It has not gotten better. I tried taking 800mg. motrin but didn't notice that it helped much. It is really painful now as I sit here at my computer typing. It's been painful when I sit, and especially at night when I switch sleeping positions. I also had some slight nausea last week that I thought might be related somehow, but that has subsided. I've been a little worried that something more serious is going on in connection to this pain, but I'm hoping that it's just another weird thing associated with my condition, and it will go away. I will be checking this message board often to see if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on what this might be. Thank you so much for asking the question!! My best to you.
  4. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I also have Costochondritis, so when I was getting those pains I chalked it up to a flare up. Turns out I had pancreatitis.

I may have chronic pancreatitis, cause unknown.Not sure yet as I have yet to find a GI who specializes in it. Not many do, so it's been rough finding help. It's a horrible disease with 20% motality rate. I am beside myself with worry.I pray it is'nt.

But please, if it feels odd and unlike things your used to, get it checked out.
  5. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi leenerbups:

What is costochondritis????

Gee you have that an chronic pancreatitis? That is awful. I am very concerned about the pancreatitis and I pray that it is eventually ruled out.

Be assured that I will have this breastbone pain checked out. It is really painful and scary. I am due for a mamogram about now so I will be seeing my gyn next week.

Please take good care of yourself, you are one of my many favorite people at this site.

Many hugs,
    Francey

6. orachel

orachel New Member

In her chest wall....sounds like where yours is also. Do a search for "chest wall" in text maybe? She had quite a bit of response if I remember right. And no, you're not the only one suffering this total weird symptom thing. I see my doc tomorrow, and have to explain how my left elbow is killing me! And yeah, I think if I were a horse, i'd have long since seen the inside of a glue factory. Hang in there!
  7. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

I'm not sure, but you may be experiencing the same thing I do, although I was sure I was dying at the time. I had overexherted myself A LOT during my wedding day. How can you cancel THAT? So, by my wedding night I had such terrible pains in my solarplexis and through the ribs under my breasts that I could barely breathe. I was very suspicious it was FM or else I would have gone to the emergency room (which I almost did). I tried relaxing it out as much as I could. I had sharp pains everytime I breathed in just a little. I was going crazy. My husband slept through most of it unconcerned however, since he at that time didn't realize what it's like to live with someone with these conditions. I'm not sure what we can do about it, but I've found high levels of ibuprofen help me at my worst some of the time. About 1600mg at it's worst, but only 1-2 times during the day and spaced out far apart.

((((((HUGS TO YOU TOO))))))

Heidi
  8. SingFMAway

SingFMAway New Member

This pain was probably my first real FM sign, but the doctor's didn't figure it out. I started having this pain 3 years ago. It started kind of in that spot that's not quite on the chest, but close enough that I was afraid it was breast cancer, and on my side, but not quite under my arm. The first dr I went to thought it was the bone and proceeded to touch all over the area to see how many ribs were affected. Needless to say, the more she felt around to figure it out, the larger the area that hurt! My reuhmy didn't know what to put down for the location of the pain when she sent me to get xrays and an ultra sound (both of which, of course, found nothing!)

I also have similar spots right under the right corner of my left shoulder blade, as well as lesser spots on my other side. And the under my breasts. Sometimes I feel as though my rib cage juts out at that point, but of course the xrays show that it's normal.

It's particularly annoying place for me because holding my arms up gets tiring fast, but I need to hold my arms up to conduct (choir), hold music teach music etc.

I have found heat and cold to be helpful. Sometimes I'll take a hot bath, and other times I'll use one of the many reuseable ice packs in my freezer!

Good luck with your pain.

((((((((((((Gentle hugs))))))))))))

SingFMAway
  9. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

"Costo" as it's called for short, is inflammation of the tissue of the ribs and sternum. It gives me pain in the ribs, the breastbone and sometimes shoulder. It also makes breathing diffcult at times due to the inflammed tissue around the lungs.

My pain (of the pancreas) is on my left side too. :-(
  10. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear leenerbups:

Now I know why I like you, you are a New Jersey girl, I am a New Yorker, we are cousins. Ha ha.

Anyway, that Cosco sounds alot like what I have, the ribs, the breastbone and shoulders. They all hurt and the breathing sometimes is a little shallow.

Is this caused by FM or CFS? How is it diagnosed? Is there treatment for it? I need to find out if I have that too. Wouldn't be surprised, I have everything else. My husband says I am a walking encyclopedia. I agree, Ha Ha.

Hugs,
    Francey
  11. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

LOL!!

I'm about 40 minutes south of NYC. :)

Yes, costo can be caused by the FMS> It's an inflammatory syndrome. It can also be caused by surgery or trauma to any part of that area.

12. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

LOL!!

I'm about 40 minutes south of NYC. :)

Yes, costo can be caused by the FMS> It's an inflammatory syndrome. It can also be caused by surgery or trauma to any part of that area.