Hurts to touch - feels bruised

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wendysj, Dec 3, 2008.

1. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hello All,

This is my first post. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's post these past few months. I have replied to many to show support, compassion or give advice. Thank you all for your knowledgable and compassionate replies. We've got a pretty great group here.

I had a pretty bad flare yesterday. (CFS dx'd 2005 and FM dx'd 2008) My severe fatigue set in last night. (It still surprises me how severe it is even after all this time.) I was on the couch and my dog (95lb retriever) snuggled up next to me. I had to make her move after a few minutes. My leg hurt where she was touching me.

I've noticed this for months and I'm curious if how many other people experience the same.

Scratch too hard... Someone grabs your arm to help you lays on your leg... Do any of these things (or other examples like these) leave a feeling of being bruised afterward?

Thanks to all for sharing. I'm sure this is why everyone says "gentle hugs" but I want to be sure.

Happy Holidays!

2. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

Yes, I get this way too. My skin will hurt and all someone has to do is to lightly touch me and it is painful. I have RA and a thyroid problem as well. The FMS really isn't as bad at times and usually only when my thyroid levels are 'off'. Seems like several times a year now. Also even occasionally when it is close to the start of my menstrual cycles.

I hope you feel better soon!

Take care... and gentle hugs. :)
  3. ANGELEO728

ANGELEO728 New Member

I have the same problem. I tell my fiance' that it feels like I am bruised all the time. I just don't get it. What causes that feeling. I cant lean my elbows on a table top because they hurt so bad after a minute or two. Nothing seems to help the pain either.

I dont have any advice, but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this experience.

4. Engel

Engel New Member

I am always feeling bruised all over. :-( It never goes away.
  5. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Thank you for your replies.

I'm sorry we all have to feel this. I know we will all be more satifsfied the day the doctors figure out why all these things happen with FM patients.

6. Empower

Empower New Member

Hi there.

Yes, all my husband has to do is touch my arm or bump me and I yell! And I know all about those big retrievers that don't know their strength