Husband broke ankle, having surgery tommorow,

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sandyz, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My husband feel off a bin ladder today and broke his ankle. He landed really hard on his back but his back seems ok. They haven`t check out much yet other then his ankle.

He has to have surgery tommorow morning on the ankle. Please pray that this surgery goes well and that nothing else is wrong with him, especially his back.

thank you,
    Sandy
  2. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I pray that Sandy's husband surgery goes well tomorrow and that the healing of his ankle proceed quickly and without any complication, or other injuries.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  3. Lupian

Lupian New Member

Please keep us posted. And remember to take care of yourself, too.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I missed this post yesterday, so today is the surgery. I pray all will/has gone well and his recovery will be swift. Take care of yourself too. I pray for your health as well.

God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  5. jill5050

jill5050 New Member

Just saw this post. I pray that all went well. Sending up fervent prayers for him.
    Blessings,
    CArlie
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

They changed the surgery to probably Friday. The doctor has so many surgeries ahead of him plus he wants the swelling to go down. He`s in the hospitol till probably next Monday for sure.

He`s doing pretty well considering he really messed his leg and ankle up. It wasn`t just the ankle. He has at least 4 breaks in major spots on his lower leg and ankle. He`s going to need pins and probably a plate put in.

He`s a very antsy guy and being laid up is not his thing. He`s already going crazy. I just got home, the hospitol is a 3 hour drive from us. So, I am tired and need to go to my nice warm bed.

Please keep us in your prayers. I`ll keep you updated.
    Sandy
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My husband`s surgery went really well. IT lasted an hour and a half. He had a spinal instead of being put under so he felt pretty good Friday evening. His leg was broken in 6 different spots below the knee. He had to have a plate put in and lots of pins.

He might get out of the hospitol Monday if all continues to go well. Today, he did have a slight fever. He is very anxious to get out. Then my work begins.

Please continue to pray for us. Pray that his leg heals well and pray that I have the energy to take care of him and don`t go into a flair. I feel pretty good right now but the adrenalin in still pumping. I`m afraid I`m going to crash bad when this is all over.

Love,
    Sandy
  8. Williedb

Williedb New Member

Sandy
    I hope that your husband is improving every day since his surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Last January I fell and broke my ankle in three places. I had four surgeries here in WV which left me where I could barely walk on it. In October I had an ankle fusion in Pittsburgh which is doing wonderful!

Stay in touch and keep us updated on how your husband is doing.

Take care
    Willa
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Falls can be so painful. I pray for pain and quick healing from the surgery. God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thanks for you thoughts and prayers. Things are going pretty well. It has been a week and a half since his surgery and he feels pretty good and isn`t having that much pain. He is kind of depressed though that he has that big clunky cast on and can`t do anything for 8 weeks.

I am doing ok taking care of him. I have to have my afternoon nap though or I get pretty cranky. I am going to have a cleaning service come in and do a heavy duty cleaning. Its just to much for me to keep up with. So, that keeps me going knowing I have some help coming soon.

He goes back to the doctor in a week so I`ll let you know how it goes. Willa, how long did your recovery take? I hope his heals up well so he doesn`t need more surgery.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2004]
  11. Williedb

Williedb New Member

Hi Sandy
    I'm glad your husband is home from the hospital. I will continue to pray for both of you.

I had my ankle fusion on October 22nd. I am still in a wheelchair for at least one more month. A Christian friend of mine told me sometimes the Lord allows us to go through things to teach us patience.

I hope you'll stay in touch and take care.

Hugs
    Willa
  12. Williedb

Williedb New Member

Sandy
    Just wanted to say hi and hoping your husband is improving each day.

Take care
    Willa
  13. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thanks for your post. He is doing really well. We went back to the doctor Tuesday and his leg is healing very well and is lined up perfect. He talked them into giving him a softer cast that he can take off if he needs a break from it. He sleeps much better at night with that.

He will be on crutches for at least 6 more weeks and he has to wear that soft cast for two more monthes. Its a long time but that`s the way it goes. I hope you are doing ok, it sounds like you have had a even longer ordeal to go through then he did.

I hope you are healing well. We have a bad ice storm here in ND today so my hubby better stay inside. Take care,

Sandy
  14. Williedb

Williedb New Member

Sandy
    I am so glad your husband is doing well. I am doing well too. I see the Orthopedic Surgeon in a few weeks and hopefully I'll be able to start walking again.

I will continue to pray for your husband and you. Have a blessed New Year and take care.

Hugs
    Willa