Husband came home yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Jul 25, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

and I'm already exhausted! I threatened to take him back to the hospital before we even got out of Lufkin! He's such a backseat driver!

I wasn't expecting him to be discharged yesterday, so it's lucky I had taken clothes for him. (He went in ambulance in only T-shirt and undershorts) I was hoping he'd stay in the hospital until he was stonger. He's very weak and needed a bedside commode (lucky I had one from taking car of Mom) because he couldn't make it all the way to the bathroom.

He's running me ragged, but that's really nothing new - just a little worse. Still, I don't have to drive for 2 hours every day.

I'm just relieved that he's alright and on the road to recovery. I hope it's a short road!

JoAnn
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Hope hubby recups soon and that you can get some much needed rest and stress relief.

J.
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

and out of the hospital. Try to take some time during the day for your own relaxation. Then you'll be better able to take care of him!

Annette2
  4. Carmellaf

Carmellaf New Member

your husband is home.
    Don't forget to take some time out for yourself to rest and take care of you.
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

Im so glad to read he is on the road to recovery. On the funny light side I hope it doesnt kill you.
  6. Goodday

Goodday New Member

As much as we love them they can add some stress to all the rest we deal with! My biggest complaint is mine won't go to the doctor when he should. It is big battle. Only once a few years ago my hubby was so ill with ulcers he finally agreed to go to the doctor. He was faithful in taking all the meds for h. phylori though.
    Try to take a hour for yourself at least once a day...probably easier said than done. Make the hour in doing something you really enjoy doing, or do nothing. I took care of my 70 year old mom for 9 weeks after she had a total knee replacement, plus went to night classes and worked part-time while hurting with the fibro symptoms and exhaustion. It helped that I simply moved in with mom for that time. The house had a basement apt. I would take an hour to do nothing down there alone. After taking a mild muscle relaxant and then just sitting in the chair with my eyes closed and feet up got me through the day. It is amazing what we get done when nobody else can do it for us. And amazing that my husband could do pretty good without me during that time. He was glad to have me home again. Since I had surgery several years ago he helped me then and still does a lot more around the house than he used to. I am sending some soft hugs for you! I hope your husband gets better real soon and you get through this tough time. Goodday
  7. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

There was no planning at all! The nurses were getting ready to move him to another room. The doctor just walked in while we were waiting and said "Are you ready to go home?"

Of course, he said yes! What could I say? I was definately not ready for it.

I vaguely remember years ago the hospital I was in going over the situation at home and making sure I'd have adequate care. I'd forgotten all about that.

Bob is doing much better today, and I was able to get a long nap.

Thanks for all your support.

JoAnn
  8. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

initial post. Having a sick husband is no fun at all. I'm glad he is getting better. Follow the advice and call the hospital to arrange some help, or you will be sick too. You need to retain whatever you can of your strength so you can continue to care for him throughout his recovery. Your insurance should cover it.
    Kate
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I missed the initial post also, good luck JoAnn, don't forget to take care of yourself. Fondly, June