Husband did two lines of speed lastnight/need 911 prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by daylight, Mar 31, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

He came home at 5 am. I feel numb. Saw this coming as he has been drinking a lot. I just recently was fired as a social service asst.; and he is falling apart. My health has been very bad the last five months,ok longer than that and he can't handle it. I feel like I've let him down. I know the symtoms and how to help him but I'm to close.
    I'm not even sure if he cheated on me or not. He said that he didn't but so did my first husband. We can't afford to pay our bills much less counseling.
    I the three and a half years that I have known him,he has come a long way . My husband has so much potentual. But I almost lost him last night. I'm feeling so sick right now . I've hardly sleep in days because of back pain and now this.
    I do trust God but we need direction.
    Please pray for us.
    D.
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I pray that your husband finds the intervention that he needs, and you both get afordable help, and this relationship is salvaged.
    Also that the Lord would touch you husbands heart,
    and bring healing, and help him to see things in a new way.
    I ask for new hope and life in both of you.

In Jesus,
    amen
    Sending more prayers also, asking for the peace you
    need.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Prayers for strength, wisdom and safety for you and your husband. God will give wisdom and on this point, I cannot offer any suggestions, but I can pray for you and I am.

God's blessing on you.
    Sue
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

My heart goes out to you. I see where you posted this on 3/31.....so I hope by now things are better for you and hubby.

I am so sorry that I haven't been here to help you pray...but you can count me in for sure NOW!

I can say that I feel your pain about your husband. Like you said about him having potential. You see...my son was on heroine, and it almost detroyed him, and our entire family.
    I wish that I could give you some hope...because there is hope! My son is off of drugs now.... and doing better. He still has a ways to go, but thank God he isn't doing drugs. I have seen him so close to death...it HAD to be God that saved him!

PLEASE don't give up! It might look hopeless at times....but it isn't. That is just a trick from satan to make you want to give up!!

I ask God to help you both right now.

In Jesus Name I pray!!

Love...Mari
  5. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

DRINKING LEADS TO MANY BAD THINGS. I QUIT WHEN I GOT FIBRO BECAUSE IT'S LIKE POISON TO ME NOW. I GET VERY SICK. MY HUSBAND HAS ALMOST QUIT, BUT WE ARE GOING THROUGH SO MANY PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW. MOST OF THEM FINANCIAL, AND I AM TRYING TO GET ON DISABILITY. IT'S GETTING CLOSE, BUT THERE'S ALWAYS MORE PAPERWORK I NEED FOR THE LAWYERS. I'M SICK OF IT. HE'S SICK OF IT. WE LOST EVERYTHING LIVING IN A MOLD HOUSE AND WE ALL GOT VERY SICK. i HAVE 2 TEENAGE BOYS TOO. WE ARE A CLOSE FAMILY AND ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO WE ALL STARTED GOING TO THE VINEYARDS CHURCH. I WAS BROUGHT UP CATHOLIC BUT NEVER BROUGHT MY KIDS TO CHURCH. THIS CHURCH HAS SAVED US. MY OLDER SON IS THERE ALMOST EVERYDAY. HE IS VERY INVOLVED, BUT IT'S A LOVING CARING CHURCH AND VERY YOUTH AND FAMILY ORIENTED. I LIVE IN FLORIDA BUT THERE ARE VINEYARDS AROUND THE COUNTRY. WELL I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND. MY HUSBAND HAS OTHER PROBLEMS IF HE DRINKS TO MUCH TOO. GOD BLESS
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Your situation is horrible. I can't think of anything to say except to try and hold on, obviously you are on a rough ride.

Heavenly Father I ask you to help. To give hope. To offer relief. To offer solutions.
  7. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Daylight,

There is free counseling available and there is help for you out there, sometimes you just have to look. There is your Pastor at Church or if you do not have one, then maybe you could ask a friend of family member about theirs. There are support groups out there like Alnon, for drug and alcohol trouble in the home. There are shelters for Women that maybe you could talk to someone there, just to get advice.

I have been in similar situations and I don't know you or your situation, other then what you wrote, but I do know there is help out there, for I have found it when I needed it. I am sorry but as 3rd party, I have bad feelings about this. I feel that your husband should be more understanding of what you are going through, I feel bad you think you have let him down, what about him? I feel he is letting you down, I am sorry, like I said I know only what you wrote here, hope I did not offend you.

May God Bless you and of course we will pray for a good outcome for you and that God will be with you to keep you strong through all you are facing.

hugs,
    kgangel
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and for strength for you .Also I pray to God that he gives you a direction.Linda